Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-23-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Aussie Qualifier Hand.

Why is shoving the river bad? What hands in our opponent's range beat us compared to ones that we beat? He's never folding an ace and that's his most likely hand. Not valuebetting this river is criminal.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this line is pretty bad, goggles.

Once you over-raise preflop you have to be bet/bet/betting this board. When you flop an ace as the aggressor in this spot it's a great spot because no one will ever believe you.

As played, snapcall the river because your hand is so ridiculously under-repped. I'd be shoving the river though. MERGE THAT RANGE.

[/ QUOTE ]
Gobbo,
As played I think shoving the river is really bad your repping a much stronger hand than you have and aren't going to get looked up light at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

what much stronger hand are we supposed to have here? top set? cuz thats the only one i can think of
Old 11-23-2007, 05:13 PM

1) i dont get why people want to bet the flop so bad. we bet and either get payed off by AQ, or lose to a TTT. If we check, AQ is still gonna pay us off and also lets him get tricky and try and bluff us off our obv QQ/KK.
2) i dont think many randoms will value bet AJ/AQ on the river
3) i hate folding here, because his range shoudl be TTT/QJdd?? putting some idiot on such a small range bothers me, because i can so easily be wrong. but i reaaaaaaaaly doubt he floats us w/ air on the turn, and he most likely checks any pair less than Aces on the river, and as said earlier i doubt value bets AQ/AJ - if he even got there with it in the first place (as said eariler, i expect them to do somethign on the flop with those hands)

edit:

about #1.. i think that
[ QUOTE ]
gotta bet 1/2 pot ish here cause if you don't your c-bets on a high flops will never be respected.

[/ QUOTE ]
is bad reasoning vs a random/idiot.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:03 PM

I think this is an easy fold. The only hand that you beat that would have called your 3bet with is AQ/AJ. Sure, he might have QQ or JJ, but highly unlikely.

This hand confuses me so much though. I think I like a shove on the river just because it gets him to fold out some hands that beat you.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) i dont get why people want to bet the flop so bad. we bet and either get payed off by AQ, or lose to a TTT. If we check, AQ is still gonna pay us off and also lets him get tricky and try and bluff us off our obv QQ/KK.
2) i dont think many randoms will value bet AJ/AQ on the river
3) i hate folding here, because his range shoudl be TTT/QJdd?? putting some idiot on such a small range bothers me, because i can so easily be wrong. but i reaaaaaaaaly doubt he floats us w/ air on the turn, and he most likely checks any pair less than Aces on the river, and as said earlier i doubt value bets AQ/AJ - if he even got there with it in the first place (as said eariler, i expect them to do somethign on the flop with those hands)

edit:

about #1.. i think that
[ QUOTE ]
gotta bet 1/2 pot ish here cause if you don't your c-bets on a high flops will never be respected.

[/ QUOTE ]
is bad reasoning vs a random/idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
) i dont get why people want to bet the flop so bad. we bet and either get payed off by AQ, or lose to a TTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

but isn't that also bad reasoning vs a random/idiot?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:53 PM

i dont think so. r/i's are always tryin to put you on some sort of hand you beat. check the flop and you open up their mind to put you on any sort of weird ish that they can stick it in / bluff you out with their XX
Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is an easy fold. The only hand that you beat that would have called your 3bet with is AQ/AJ. Sure, he might have QQ or JJ, but highly unlikely.

This hand confuses me so much though. I think I like a shove on the river just because it gets him to fold out some hands that beat you.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you want your opponenent(spelling?) to fold hands you beat?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:30 PM

i fold the river, all you beat is a bluff, and even though your hand is underrepresented i would still feel im beat
Old 11-27-2007, 12:44 AM

I like your flop check but you missed a bet on the river