Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 10-29-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: General Halo tips and tricks

[ QUOTE ]
circle strafe, wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I remember learning how to do this while playing Doom. I guess that gives me an advantage in FPS games [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 04:13 PM

Quick Tips

-Crouch to avoid radar (esp small maps)
-Getting good w/ the BR will lead to a lot of kills where you don't even get touched.
-Know the maps, where teams are spawned and where all the weapons are
-Talk to your teammates and stick w/ them
-Controlling power weapons (sword, rocket launcher, shotgun, gravity hammer) is never a bad strategy
-Different maps require different strategy
-NEVER head in solo against 2 guys
-In LW esp throw 'nades into as many firefights as you see
-Sniper down guardian into the yellow room (past the gravity hammer) is a guaranteed 2-4 kills
-Circle your opponents
-Jump a ton, always be coming down on your opponent, the only spot to hit is the head
-6 shots w/ AR + Bash = kill
Old 10-29-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Jump a ton, always be coming down on your opponent, the only spot to hit is the head

[/ QUOTE ]

This gets me in trouble sometimes. If I land too close to my opponent it's easy to become disoriented and lose track of where they are, after which I frequently get bashed in the back of the head when I should have had an easy kill.

If I have the BR and people want to jump around a lot they're really just making easier targets for me as far as I'm concerned. Jumping is better for avoiding explosives and vehicles and the like.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This gets me in trouble sometimes. If I land too close to my opponent it's easy to become disoriented and lose track of where they are, after which I frequently get bashed in the back of the head when I should have had an easy kill.

If I have the BR and people want to jump around a lot they're really just making easier targets for me as far as I'm concerned. Jumping is better for avoiding explosives and vehicles and the like.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, it was much more useful in H2, but jumping onto a rock to get the jump on a guy is really useful cause they look around and bam!, you just bashed their head from above.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:38 PM

yeah, much like in conventional battle, higher ground is always better.

also, I don't think there are designated spawn locations. It seems to me you spawn either right next to your team or away from the battle. Very rarely do you spawn right in front of someone from the other team.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:46 PM

sticky's are best for opponents charging with a hammer/shotgun sword, they usually run directly for you so its an easy stick.

also when youre using one of those weapons, all the nade types are pretty useful and you should be throwing them quite liberally
Old 10-29-2007, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone found any use whatsoever for spike grenades? I've found them completely useless except for trying to stick people with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the best use is to stick them to walls when people are coming around corners. They are less noticeable than the other grenades imo and most people just fly around the corner and its an easy kill if you can time it right.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Has anyone found any use whatsoever for spike grenades? I've found them completely useless except for trying to stick people with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the best use is to stick them to walls when people are coming around corners. They are less noticeable than the other grenades imo and most people just fly around the corner and its an easy kill if you can time it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

they are also good when your target has the higher ground... ill have to try the corner thing
Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 PM

Spike grenades are effective. Two basic tips with them.

1. Try to stick them just like plasmas, works about the same but much less range. Of course they usually only appear on indoor type maps (with half of Isolation being the exception).

2. Stick them horizontally on walls where you expect enemies to run past. Sticking them vertically on the ground requires your enemy to be standing on top of it for it to do damage.

Sticky grenades are amazing on Guardian, just wait behind a corner and watch as an enemy runs around the corner and you've got a sticky waiting for them.

In general if you are having trouble winning, work on your grenade skills. They have tons of uses. If you're running away from a losing fight, throw some 'nades to cover your trails. Smart opponents will stop and wait for them to blow before coming after you, giving you extra time to recover w/ teammates/get a new weapon / get your shields back. Stupid opponents walk into them giving you a kill. Grenades fair poorly in the middle of a gun fight, and are much more useful to soften up an opponent before killing them with an AR/BR/etc. Note the differences between them. Frags are great to throw around corners and have a wide splash radius but don't do a ton of damage. Plasma grenades can stick, have a smaller splash radius but can kill an opponent outright if they are close to the nade. Spike grenades are good for sticking, have the smallest "cone-like" splash radius, but when they contact they usually kill or severely wound.

Something I have to work on, but the BR was nerfed since H2, so you can't three-tap headshot kill people anymore. Instead it takes 4 headshot bursts, but it is easier to do body-body-body-head.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:29 PM

Don't die without using all your grenades.