Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 10-20-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: UFC 77 Discussion thread

[ QUOTE ]
+120 is far too low for me to consider arbing this since I feel so strongly that Tim has this one. I might start thinking about it at the +175-+200 range, but even then that would ONLY be because I'm one of the biggest nits to walk the earth and not because of any doubt in how I see this fight going down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I would only arb if both sides were +EV IMO and I guess i was asking you what you'd set the line at, but your response indicates you would arb before you thought there was PURE EV in the line(arb for risk aversion/guaranteed payout).

So basically you think Sylvia should be a -210 favorite if the line were set properly?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:39 AM

I think somewhere in that range is accurate. As much as I've talked up Sylvia and as much as I think he's going to win this one easily, we are still talking about a guy coming off back surgery. Everyone is SAYING everything went swimmingly, but you can't realistically go beyond that on a man coming off major surgery. Once you start moving past that number, one would be inclined to bet Vera just on the chance that Tim's health might still be in question.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think somewhere in that range is accurate. As much as I've talked up Sylvia and as much as I think he's going to win this one easily, we are still talking about a guy coming off back surgery. Everyone is SAYING everything went swimmingly, but you can't realistically go beyond that on a man coming off major surgery. Once you start moving past that number, one would be inclined to bet Vera just on the chance that Tim's health might still be in question.

[/ QUOTE ]

last time I got +160-+175 on what I perceived to be a 68% favorite, I bet 49.71% of my life on it.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:10 AM

Anyone know a good place in Bangkok where they will be airing this fight?
Old 10-20-2007, 01:50 PM

Well...I can't believe you people will bet against Brandon Vera. This guy is crazy sick in my books and just waiting to hit it big.
He's got mad skills.
He's not going to come at Sylvia with punches. Look for some huge kick, Vera got the craziest kicks. I see him just wailing on him with some short leg kicks to slow that monster down and then he'll mix it up with some body/head kicks.

GUARANTEE Sylvia is going down.

I rarely vouche for fighters and only when i know they will win --- Brandon Vera will win.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well...I can't believe you people will bet against Brandon Vera. This guy is crazy sick in my books and just waiting to hit it big.
He's got mad skills.
He's not going to come at Sylvia with punches. Look for some huge kick, Vera got the craziest kicks. I see him just wailing on him with some short leg kicks to slow that monster down and then he'll mix it up with some body/head kicks.

GUARANTEE Sylvia is going down.

I rarely vouche for fighters and only when i know they will win --- Brandon Vera will win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a last minute attempt to move the lines back into Sylvia's favor so you can bet? If so, i like the post
Old 10-20-2007, 03:14 PM

Is there anywhere online where I can order the event, like ufc.tv and how is the quality?? I want to stream it to my tv from my computer, my cable provider wont let me order this ufc and I have nowhere to watch it have to stay home..
Old 10-20-2007, 03:37 PM

what is the policy here about linking pirated online feeds in threads like this
Old 10-20-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anywhere online where I can order the event, like ufc.tv and how is the quality?? I want to stream it to my tv from my computer, my cable provider wont let me order this ufc and I have nowhere to watch it have to stay home..

[/ QUOTE ]

Streaming it from you comuter to ur tv is up to you and your hardware setup...but www.ufc.com allows you to purchase the event through their website.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:48 PM

a good policy anywhere is not to share them lightly-- they only have so much bandwidth.

but in general 2p2 is pretty uneasy about sharing stuff like that.