Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Default TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

Alright, it's definitely long past time that we reset the Lounge's TV thread from Sniper's threadzilla. Right about now seems like just the right time, since it's shortly before all the new fall seasons start. I'm definitely interested in hearing what shows people here will be watching this fall so I know what I can discuss in this thread. I won't be posting nightly updates with what's on like Sniper used to because I'm not that dedicated, so set your DVRs ahead of time, or check your local listings.

Anyway, here are the shows I plan to follow this season:

Will definitely follow:

NFL Football: Sundays all day on CBS, Fox, and NBC, Monday nights on ESPN. Gooooo Seahawks!
Heroes: NBC Mondays @ 9 pm. Premieres Sept 24. Hopefully this season our beloved comic book show will actually be as awesome as it has the potential to be.
Dancing with the Stars: ABC Mondays @ 8 pm, results Tuesday @ 9 pm. Ah yes, the show I talk about the most here, but I don't really mention outside of the forum [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I'm glad it's not in the 9 pm time slot anymore.
The Office: NBC Thursdays @ 9 pm. Premieres Sept. 27. Probably the best comedy on television.
30 Rock: NBC Thursdays @ 8:30 pm. Premieres Oct. 4. When I saw previews for this last fall, I didn't think this would be watchable, let alone the better of the two shows about making SNL. However, Alec Baldwin is brilliant.

Will give a shot:

Sarah Connor Chronicles: Sundays @ 9 pm on Fox. I guess this doesn't start until January, though. Oh well. I've heard some good buzz, and the premise is interesting. I tend to dig the action shows.
K-Ville: Mondays @ 9 pm on Fox. Premieres Sept 17. Looks like a cop show set in a post-Katrina New Orleans. It could be interesting, but I won't feel let down if it doesn't grip me.
Bionic Woman: NBC Wednesdays @ 9 pm. Premieres Sept. 26. Another comic book show. The buzz hasn't been quite as good, though, so I'll probably ditch this one quickly if it doesn't impress me right away.
Life: NBC Wednesdays @ 10 pm. Also Premieres Sept. 26. Another cop show, this time a guy who got sentenced to life for a crime he didn't commit, and then got out. This is another one that's pretty tentative, but I'll give it a shot.
Chuck: NBC Mondays @ 8 pm. Premieres Sept. 24. I'm a sucker for spy shows, but this looks pretty weak. I'll give it a shot, though.
24: Fox Mondays @ 9 pm. Premieres in January. Speaking of being a sucker for spy shows, I can't help but at least watch the premiere of this. It has a lot to make up for last season, though, and if it doesn't start improving, I'll tiltedly take it off my DVR.

So, what about you guys? Anything catch your attention that I should plan on giving a shot? Anything we're both interested in?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: TV in the Lounge, Fall 07 Edition

The Office and Lost will probably be my only die hard series.

I still have to watch past seasons of 24 or else it would be there too.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Office and Lost will probably be my only die hard series.

I still have to watch past seasons of 24 or else it would be there too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just skip this last season. You'll be glad you did.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:54 PM

I'll be watching Dancing with the Stars with you but I gotta say I'm not too excited about the new celebs at the moment. I hate change [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Definitely will watch The Office. I really don't want Pam and Jim to get together.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely will watch The Office. I really don't want Pam and Jim to get together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy.

I'm pretty sure that at some point, I started caring more about how Jim and Pam turned out than I did about how my own romantic situations turned out in real life.

They should do a Jim and Pam sex tape and sell it for like $100 a copy. There'd be buyers.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:38 PM

Jenna Fischer (aka Pam Beesly) has separated from her husband, James Gunn. filsteal - let us gogogo
Old 09-07-2007, 06:17 PM

Shows that I will follow this season:

* Curb Your Enthusiasm

* CSI (The Las Vegas one, can't stand the other two).

* NCIS

* The Unit (probably my favorite network show)

Don't know what days any of those shows will air--I rely on my DVR to record it for me.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shows that I will follow this season:

* Curb Your Enthusiasm

Don't know what days any of those shows will air--I rely on my DVR to record it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to watch CYE this season. I've missed so many seasons though. I'm not sure if I need to see them to catch up or not.

I wonder how they will handle his divorce? Has it already been addressed?
Old 09-07-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blasphemy.

I'm pretty sure that at some point, I started caring more about how Jim and Pam turned out than I did about how my own romantic situations turned out in real life.

They should do a Jim and Pam sex tape and sell it for like $100 a copy. There'd be buyers.

[/ QUOTE ]

No no no. What are you thinking? Jim and Pam should not get together until the very last episode. That would ruin the whole show for me. And I'm not sure Jim is right for her anyway [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].
Old 09-07-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be watching Dancing with the Stars with you but I gotta say I'm not too excited about the new celebs at the moment. I hate change [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]
Jennie Garth aged remarkably well. I saw her on Celebrity Poker, not knowing who she was and I thought she looked fantastic. With Josie Moran also on the show, looks like they're trying to up the "hot women" quota.

Mark Cuban, I could do without.

I haven't regularly watched since season 2, so maybe I'll check it out this season.