Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 03:04 AM

Default Re: More fun from 15/30

[ QUOTE ]
id fold that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-26-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold to this flop. Does he bet an eight here, a draw? Plus how much action can you handle? It might be different if it was 943 as opposed to the action packed 98 combo. If someone calls two cold and you are actually ahead, there are very few safe cards. But i am a nit. Too marginal for me in this small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's decent and aggro I'd see him betting K4 here.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:05 AM

folding, calling, and raising all seem potentially bad. so its a very tough spot. the first time i read your post my gut reaction to your flop raise, was "i wouldn't do that, but smallz is more aggressive than me, so i kinda like it for him here." I think sometimes in places where you're lost you need to stick to your guns a little more, and then you'll be able to feel your way out of the situation more easily in the end. and sticking to your guns, whatever they are (being a little laggy, or being a nit, or whatever), has some metagame payoffs for the player later becuase that player is used to exploiting future situations after taking his usual lines. so for you i think raising here is not so bad.... If i'm playing well i definetly fold here.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:26 AM

With that flop, specifically the 98, and 4 limpers unheard from I'm just going to fold.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:48 AM

On second thought I think the best way to play the hand, in a vacuum, is to call the flop. If there is serious action behind you like a raise and re-raise, then you can fold without seeing the turn. If there a just a few more callers behind you, then you have set up a good opportunity to raise a safe turn (any 2,3,5,6). Otherwise you check/fold the turn. I think this is good because you can get off the hand cheap (1 small bet), which is very tough from the BB in a multi-way flop with a marginal hand when you are behind.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand I played a few weeks back that I'm just remembering. Sb was decently aggro and not a total moron. Definatly not a maniac but capable of getting aggro.

4 limpers sb completes I check w/92o in the bb

Flop 984r

Sb donks, I raise, rest fold sb call

Turn 9 I bet sb c/r's

how do we proceed? Does anyone just fold the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

imo call down, you may have the best hand and sb could just be messin with you...

i like the flop raise, but i like to play table sherriff a lot...the flop bet by sb looks suspect...an unraised preflop pot with a flop that probably missed a lot of folks plus the first person that can bet is taking a stab at the pot; also, a straight draw is out on the board so aggro sb could be betting a draw, and raising out the rest of the table is a good defense to the draw betting strategy--thus given those circumstances raising on a cheap street with a top pair weak kicker looks good to me...
Old 06-26-2007, 11:19 PM

crying call down in my book. overpair c/r to see where hes at cant be ruled out, or hes just getting uppity.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On second thought I think the best way to play the hand, in a vacuum, is to call the flop. If there is serious action behind you like a raise and re-raise, then you can fold without seeing the turn. If there a just a few more callers behind you, then you have set up a good opportunity to raise a safe turn (any 2,3,5,6). Otherwise you check/fold the turn. I think this is good because you can get off the hand cheap (1 small bet), which is very tough from the BB in a multi-way flop with a marginal hand when you are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your thought process is a little backward. I think this decision is very close between raising and folding and calling is by far the worst of the 3 options. You sometimes have to get your hands a little dirty and this is not a time to play cautiously if you are going to continue. Your list of safe turn cards is also problematic in that they arent all safe and they represent less than have the deck. The beauty of this being a limped/small pot is that you may make hands with huge equity like QT and QJ fold. In addition, popping out a turn raise will be pretty darn expensive relative to the pot size and the SB also may decide to check since he missed his draw and there is still a field of fish to lead into.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:53 AM

folding that flop seems indefensible
Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
folding that flop seems indefensible

[/ QUOTE ]

we have top pair withn a rag kicker on a board that has a ton of straight draws on it and a guy who bet into a fleet of people. i still fold.