Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 04:53 PM

Default More fun from 15/30

Hand I played a few weeks back that I'm just remembering. Sb was decently aggro and not a total moron. Definatly not a maniac but capable of getting aggro.

4 limpers sb completes I check w/92o in the bb

Flop 984r

Sb donks, I raise, rest fold sb call

Turn 9 I bet sb c/r's

how do we proceed? Does anyone just fold the flop?
Old 06-25-2007, 04:56 PM

Default Re: More fun from 15/30

Given your read I guess just call down. I do not fold the flop.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand I played a few weeks back that I'm just remembering. Sb was decently aggro and not a total moron. Definatly not a maniac but capable of getting aggro.

Flop 984r

Turn 9 I bet sb c/r's

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a situation in HEFAP that very closely resembles this one. The book advocates a flop fold, but I never do. I would call down and hope sb was getting out of line given your decription but I think a good case can be made for a river fold ui.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop 984r

Turn 9 I bet sb c/r's

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres a situation in HEFAP that very closely resembles this one. The book advocates a flop fold, but I never do. I would call down and hope sb was getting out of line given your decription but I think a good case can be made for a river fold ui.

[/ QUOTE ]

The HEFAP situation has a flush draw. This one doesn't and that plus the read makes all the difference.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop 984r

Turn 9 I bet sb c/r's

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The HEFAP situation has a flush draw. This one doesn't and that plus the read makes all the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it makes some difference and I never fold here, but I am not convinced that a fold is wrong when 1st position fires into 5 people and we have top pair w/ no kicker.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:18 PM

its read dependent, as usual. I usually fold the flop here. small pot, rev. imp. odds, not worth getting involved, even if your nine is good at this point. on the turn, I'd fold to the c-r unless I had a really strong read that he's capable of putting that kind of play on me and he'd think i'd fold a better hand.(not likely)
Old 06-25-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop 984r

Turn 9 I bet sb c/r's

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it makes some difference and I never fold here, but I am not convinced that a fold is wrong when 1st position fires into 5 people and we have top pair w/ no kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say there's a flushdraw on the flop, does this change your decision from a flop raise to a flop fold?
Old 06-25-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Flop 984r

Turn 9 I bet sb c/r's

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets say there's a flushdraw on the flop, does this change your decision from a flop raise to a flop fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but it probably should. I tend to more likely to raise an aggro opponent thinking a flush draw is his most likely holding. The problem is not factoring in the 4 other monkeys who will never lay a better hand down and certainly wont lay down any reasonable draw.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:51 AM

I would fold to this flop. Does he bet an eight here, a draw? Plus how much action can you handle? It might be different if it was 943 as opposed to the action packed 98 combo. If someone calls two cold and you are actually ahead, there are very few safe cards. But i am a nit. Too marginal for me in this small pot.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:52 AM

id fold that flop.