Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 02:31 PM

Default NL $25 - Resteal from the blind gone wrong?

Villain 1 had been running 20/10 over 30 hands so the sample size wasn't much.

Villain 2 was new to the table.

Villain 1 had stole blinds once already and I felt he was doing it again so I figured I'd repop him. I re-raised and then Villain 2 in the BB called, Villain 1 on the button folded. Villain 2 had only 8 behind, so, what do you do on the flop - check, bet and if bet, how much?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($12.30)
UTG ($21.55)
UTG+1 ($32.65)
MP1 ($22)
MP2 ($17.10)
MP3 ($44.45)
CO ($5.55)
Button ($25.65)
Hero ($34.40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB calls $3.75, CO folds, Button folds.

Flop: ($9.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero??
Old 11-21-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: NL $25 - Resteal from the blind gone wrong?

*bizzump*

No one can help with this?
Old 11-21-2007, 03:31 PM

I lead for 7-8 here, I don't think restealing is worth it at nl25 without a solid read over hundreds of hands that villain is a blind stealer. Just because he did it last time, doesn't mean he's a chronic blind stealer, and this is too fancy/unnecessary for nl25.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:33 PM

Hmmmm,
I might just let this one go pre-flop because the limper is in there.
I like a better read than just one steal before I go repoping.

As played since its 3-way I dont really want to c-bet, If im feeling frisky I might.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:40 PM

Some of the responses confuse me, perhaps they were made before the post was edited.

It appears to be HU SBvBB. I'd c-bet around $6.50 because that's the amount I'd bet here with AK and that board. I'd fold to a reraise, if called I'd evaluate the turn.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of the responses confuse me, perhaps they were made before the post was edited.

It appears to be HU SBvBB. I'd c-bet around $6.50 because that's the amount I'd bet here with AK and that board. I'd fold to a reraise, if called I'd evaluate the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the responses were made after the edit as the only thing I edited was the thread title because I made a typo.

What you guys aren't getting is the pot is heads up, but the SB only has 8 behind so I c-bet pretty much commits us with garbage.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:46 PM

didn't see stack size c/f then. I still don't like the 3bet preflop
Old 11-21-2007, 03:51 PM

Fold preflop. As you said, these guys are unknowns and you can't even guess their ranges. Maybe button is a nit and he don't raise (steal blinds) without a real hand. Maybe they are loose stations who are ready to gamble. Why you risk? Why? You are SB and why you are protecting your SB with a quite weak hand against unknowns. So, its very clear fold to me.

As played, I would check/fold flop. As Sounded Simple said - its 3way. But I want to add: As I already said - they are unknowns and now you completely missed your flop. You don't have clue what is their range but I think ace is in their range. Just check/fold the flop.

Shortly: I don't recommend to protect your blind (especially small blind) with a weak hand against unknowns.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What you guys aren't getting is the pot is heads up, but the SB only has 8 behind so I c-bet pretty much commits us with garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get it's heads up, BB is either got a monster and was somehow afraid to raise pre-flop thinking it would scare everyone out, or has crap and a called anyway.

At 25NL this is often just crap. Small pocket pair, SC and the like.

Since BB recently came to the table, and is short, it means he brought in short. Often these players are set miners (who do so without any odds). They'll fold to a bet here if they don't make a set, and push if they do.

Sure, you're commited to their short stack push, but you'll take this down very often.

You've taken the iniative, why give it up on an A high flop? The card most likely to be in your hand.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the responses were made after the edit as the only thing I edited was the thread title because I made a typo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry! Dunno how I misread that one.
My pre-flop thoughts still stand.

Post flop your pretty much guessing without a read, he is not folding an ace and he may well look you up with any pair so Im tempted to let it go.