Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: flopped set ve PF Reraiser...whats my line?

[ QUOTE ]
Fair enough- agree to disagree, but have fun floating relative unknowns in 3bet pots.

Also, your last sentence makes no sense as that is the exact opposite of what you are saying to do on this hand (you say to play passive on benign boards- this board is very drawy; you say you like to push people off hand when scare cards come, but you're going to let scare cards come when you have a hand?) You already said that he isn't likely to slow down on scare cards because he only has a PSB left...so which is it? You like to float and push people off their hands in 3 bet pots when scare cards hit, or do you like to slowplay because they are unlikely to be scared?

[/ QUOTE ]

A benign board doesn't necessarily mean a dry board. A84 rainbow is an extremely dry board but it's far far from benign for a 3-bet pot. This board does have multiple draws, but it's pretty benign for a 3-bet pot.

And no, I would never just float a complete unknown in a reraised pot just for the hell of it.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:41 AM

Ahhhh... just reread what I wrote earlier. That was misleading. I did not mean to imply typically floating these sort of boards planning to just buy the pot on scare cards. I meant buying pots where scare cards FLOP. Editted my post.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:42 AM

I raise flop here 35-40ish. I don't want him to fear that Im on a draw here and he may slow down if the turn is a spade/10/A. I think he'll be willing to get ai on flop more likely on turn and river