FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: CO bets 520, play?
fold 18 25.71%
call/check river 15 21.43%
push/raise, callAI 37 52.86%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2007, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Bodybuilder vs Weightlifter

I think NFL lineman has the best potential to look atleast decent. I'd rather not have internal organs the size of babies.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thremp, if you havent realized why people have this discussion about 8 million times in regards to bodybuilding, its because of either latent closeted homosexuality, or jealousy, or being too narcissistic to realize that not everyone is the same, and enjoys doing different things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I started this thread with the premise that given different strokes for different folks and all, some minority (which didn't include me) preferred the Cutler look and I expressed my interest in quantifying how many preferred it-- I can't blame my narcissism.

And I don't think I'm jealous.

So I guess I'm a latent closeted homosexual-- which is nice. At some point will I be merely latent or closeted, or am I doomed to a lifetime of both?

Here's a thought: no side "wins" in this stupid poll. One merely gets some (wholly unreliable) indication of the relative sizes/frequencies of two different preferences. To me it is kinda (not really) interesting that roughly 1 in 6 see the Cutler look as closer to their ideal.

And, btw, to my knowledge/memory, I still have never voted in a single 2+2 poll.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:02 AM

can a body builder like cutler even play golf or basketball? i mean jesus christ, these guys have trained to the point where they basically have close to the same afflictions as the obese.

who cares if it is muscle or fat, they look ridiculous and can't even do normal things. Does Cutler have someone wipe his ass?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:51 AM

ronnie coleman can do splits.
this is the dumbest thread ever.

and I think he can deadlift more than 800, he does it twice when he is a couple weeks out of olympia. During offseason he can prolly do alot more.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thremp, if you havent realized why people have this discussion about 8 million times in regards to bodybuilding, its because of either latent closeted homosexuality, or jealousy, or being too narcissistic to realize that not everyone is the same, and enjoys doing different things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I started this thread with the premise that given different strokes for different folks and all, some minority (which didn't include me) preferred the Cutler look and I expressed my interest in quantifying how many preferred it-- I can't blame my narcissism.

And I don't think I'm jealous.

So I guess I'm a latent closeted homosexual-- which is nice. At some point will I be merely latent or closeted, or am I doomed to a lifetime of both?

Here's a thought: no side "wins" in this stupid poll. One merely gets some (wholly unreliable) indication of the relative sizes/frequencies of two different preferences. To me it is kinda (not really) interesting that roughly 1 in 6 see the Cutler look as closer to their ideal.

And, btw, to my knowledge/memory, I still have never voted in a single 2+2 poll.

[/ QUOTE ]

shemp, it was a joke. although, personally, from my end, it stems from being narcissistic as I cant understand why anyone would want to look like that.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: I just read about the gripper, and blarg, that has to be a joke, a grip trainer measures strength about as well as asking what someone benches.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my point. If you lob words like strength around loosely, it's impossible to even know what you're talking about, and it's pretty easy to be given an example of why you're wrong. Strong how? Do you think these guys are in general at all competitive with strength athletes? Or just with people who don't lift weights?

What people find striking is that so much mass can be developed fairly unrelated to real strength as measured in strength sports like olympic lifting or powerlifting. And I doubt we're going to see these guys doing any iron crosses on the rings, either. So their size definitely holds more than a touch of the absurd when compared to what that muscle does in athletes who actually train for strength.

How interesting a "point" that is, is up to you. But it's a valid one. These guys on the whole aren't anywhere near as strong as they appear. Pretty natural when how they appear is so outlandish and drug-induced.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can a body builder like cutler even play golf or basketball? i mean jesus christ, these guys have trained to the point where they basically have close to the same afflictions as the obese.

who cares if it is muscle or fat, they look ridiculous and can't even do normal things. Does Cutler have someone wipe his ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

i may have posted this somewhere on here before, but it seems fitting for this thread:

i met jay cutler when he came to the grand opening of a muscle max store here in my hometown.

here is what i saw/my impression.

nice guy.

looks super fat in clothing, but freaky nonetheless.

could barely and i mean barely walk up a incline (think wheelchair ramp, but longer) w/o a huge struggle, heavy breathing, looking like an old man.

movmement of a day to day basis seemed extremely limited and difficult for him, very very lumbering.

took about 2 dozen pills when he ate dinner to aid with digestion etc. etc. he made an off handed joke about liver issues and what not. i think his daily pill consumption may be close to triple digits and it seemed to be more for trying to survive than thrive (that is opinion on my part, but that was the impression)

his head is very disturbing irl.

he could not compete athlectically in anything probably ever in this lifetime, and i mean casually not competitively, like good luck shooting hoops w/ the boys etc. like the quote above says.

did i say he was a nice guy? because he was very nice.

i hate to say i felt sorry for him, but wow. what a terrible way to live imho.

even (for some crazy reason that i will never ever figure out) you wanted to look this way the consequences of doing so seem way way too high to me.

as a side note to show that i met gunther schlierkamp (mr. o competitor, pro bodybuilder) and he seemed to be none of the things jay way. seemed much less freaky too. so maybe some of is all in the level you take it to.

sad to say that the bodybuilding ideal (mr. o winner) is so far away from healthy and vital in the real world.

later. J.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

looks super fat in clothing, but freaky nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 10-21-2007, 02:44 PM

I go to arnold classic every year. I dont think alot of those bodybuilders look that big in real life.

the only guy I thought looked big was a freak named Noah Steere. He was the biggest human on the planet.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I go to arnold classic every year. I dont think alot of those bodybuilders look that big in real life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to out yourself man.