Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

[ QUOTE ]
To those of you out of school and in the real world, how do you deal with a lack of motivation at work?

For those of you that don't know my story, I worked as both an Operations manager, and eventually a General Manager for a company based in California that built Custom Outdoor BBQ's.

With my market so closely tied to the housing market the business I was involved with took a severe hit in 2006. After hemorrhaging money for most of the year a decision was made to shut the business down in the beginning of 2007.

Basically long story short I ended up working through the help of a friend at A large Corporation that handles tax and payroll. First time every working in a truly corporate environment, and I honestly feel like every day I live the movie Officespace.

Now part of my problem I know is that I am basically starting over at 27, and it pretty much sucks. But I find myself increasingly spending more time on 2+2 and other stupid crap instead of focusing on my work.

It's a good job to start back over with, with a stable company decent starting salary and good benefits....but I just can't seem to stay focused.

Any advice is much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

not a contributor to this thread but this is 100% me and dammit its tough to get out of that.

so I made my wife a 2nd kid and going on paternity leave for 5 weeks before the end of october. After that I think ill try 4_2_it trick of mini-goals before that damned internet.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To those of you out of school and in the real world, how do you deal with a lack of motivation at work?

For those of you that don't know my story, I worked as both an Operations manager, and eventually a General Manager for a company based in California that built Custom Outdoor BBQ's.

With my market so closely tied to the housing market the business I was involved with took a severe hit in 2006. After hemorrhaging money for most of the year a decision was made to shut the business down in the beginning of 2007.

Basically long story short I ended up working through the help of a friend at A large Corporation that handles tax and payroll. First time every working in a truly corporate environment, and I honestly feel like every day I live the movie Officespace.

Now part of my problem I know is that I am basically starting over at 27, and it pretty much sucks. But I find myself increasingly spending more time on 2+2 and other stupid crap instead of focusing on my work.

It's a good job to start back over with, with a stable company decent starting salary and good benefits....but I just can't seem to stay focused.

[/ QUOTE ]

not a contributor to this thread but this is 100% me and dammit its tough to get out of that.

so I made my wife a 2nd kid and going on paternity leave for 5 weeks before the end of october. After that I think ill try 4_2_it trick of mini-goals before that damned internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish i could help, but i'm pretty much unemployable
Old 10-20-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You still going back to University next year?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:20 AM

no, year after next. ive decided that im not going to school and then working my way up through a company to earn $200k-$300k/yr in 10 yrs time when i can do it now anyway
Old 10-20-2007, 12:35 AM

keyser,
uh yeah. sports rivalries can get nasty. did you ever read about that OU fan who got CASTRATED while wearing an OU shirt in a texas bar? yeah. ugly huh.

GO GATORS
Old 10-20-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your support is all i need tufat [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Besides, I have a feeling that when you actually do turn your mind back to school/career you'll be fine....either that or you'll be setting up office poker games to supplement your income [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2007, 09:27 AM

Girlfriend got a vag infection, she wants me to pay for the doctor fees and anti-biotics, I of course said its not my fault.

Should I

pay for it
pay for half
pay for none
pee in her
Old 10-20-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Wolfram, I don't get it - what does the car statement mean? /tired

[/ QUOTE ]
It probably doesn't translate very well. Basically, the question was loaded with double meaning. I understood it as a "what are your intentions towards me" kind of deal, and answered it as such (we do have history). She turned it around on me and said she meant it as a "what are our plans for the night, and will drinks be involved"

[ QUOTE ]

Also zzzzz college football zzzzzzzz

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, QFT. I hate to be a party pooper, but it seems that 50% of the Life thread content is football these days. Maybe make a new thread?

(And please don't retort with putting "all the" nerd-talk in a different thread. The volume is nowhere near comparable)
Old 10-20-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Girlfriend got a vag infection, she wants me to pay for the doctor fees and anti-biotics, I of course said its not my fault.

Should I

pay for it
pay for half
pay for none
pee in her

[/ QUOTE ]

These are muddy waters
Old 10-20-2007, 10:38 AM

[censored] that, she pays for it.
Closed Thread