Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Positions Thread

adding more RGLD (royal gold). great stock for those seeking exposure to gold. they are a royalty company that makes their money off the gross production and not the net and are therefore immune to rising costs that many miners are facing today. they do not have any hedging or derivative exposure. high margins,low overhead,1 billion market cap and only 17 employees. wall street doesn't understand mining, nor do they like it...but this business model is easy to comprehend and i believe is going to be a huge winner before this gold run is over. i have the jan 2010 30,35, & 40 call options which i bought when the stock was at 22/share. adding stock today.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:55 PM

got some american express 52.50 puts that expire at next weeks end. Lets see how low some panic selling can drive it.

Looking to buy some American rail industries. They make boxcars for trains. Carl Icahn owns about 30% of the company and they got slammed last night for lower demand for one of their products off from 21 to 14.70 on the week.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:30 PM

sold my SPX dec options. Bought for 11.70 sold for 33. Not bad for 3 weeks.