Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: AQ UI 3-betted on flop against spewtard

[ QUOTE ]
preflop is probably a cap, but i doubt your giving up much really. i like the flop c/r to knock out UTG. i do this frequently against over aggressive players. when i do this it is always with the intent to call down.... so i'd call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you play river after calling turn UI?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:47 PM

i shouldve been more specific earlier. usually the types i use this line against are the 50/40 total tards. but c/c is how i play the river
Old 09-06-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think UTG doesn't open the top 7%? I would assume that, and play PF the same. Flop is spew, just c/c and reevaluate the turn. As played I don't know how many outs you have, but if he has a draw I think he's gonna 3 barrel it so you can probably only win by improving. I would fold the turn without doing any math.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-07-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you think UTG doesn't open the top 7%? I would assume that, and play PF the same. Flop is spew, just c/c and reevaluate the turn. As played I don't know how many outs you have, but if he has a draw I think he's gonna 3 barrel it so you can probably only win by improving. I would fold the turn without doing any math.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think he raise his best 7% and I do think he folds some of them for 2SB that he would peel for 1SB on flop, he could even fold hands like TT.

As said this is not a standard play for me, but since villain had showed a lot of agression with air on flop and I thought it was time to show him he can't run over me, and the possibility UTG could fold a better hand I thought it was a spot to try it. UTG folded, CO 3-betted, I called. I checkcalled turn, and CO checked behind on the river and I picked up the pot. I probably was damn lucky but it really gave me an edge on CO for the rest of the game...

(Sorry didn't mean to do a Martynas and posting hands with crazy plays that ended up good to show off)
Old 09-07-2007, 01:27 AM

with an UTG raiser of 7, and a three bettor, I'm folding AQo PF.

Capping, really? your hand sucks.

the flop is horrible.

just fold pf, it's over.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:43 AM

I can see myself playing your hand the exact same way as you did if I were sitting on a play money table. If this is a real money table I fold preflop.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can see myself playing your hand the exact same way as you did if I were sitting on a play money table. If this is a real money table I fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol... ok get it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. In fact I posted this hand because I felt lost and unfocused and played wierd. I don't like to call a 3-bet in BB with AQo especially with the tight raiser in UTG. But I wanted to play since it was the first decent hand in a while and as I said I was unfocused. So I end up calling and then I just felt tired of peeling flop folding UI on turn against the overaggro so in desperation I raised and hated when he 3-betted. When he fired again on turn I puked but still couldn't fold given my reads so I called again, I can't say if I would have called a river bet, but I was really pleased he didn't bet since I was so lost in the hand. I was really lucky, and ended my session on my next BB and went to bed.