Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 05:49 PM

Default blind play

I feel this is an elementary question, but I'm struggling with what I should do when i'm either the SB or BB and I have a hand like KQs or AJ.

Assume 100BB stacks, 6max, all unknowns @ 25NL/50NL. What is your calling range, raising range, and/or 3-betting range in each of the following scenarios?

1) Villain raises from early position (either UTG or UTG+1). Everyone folds around to you in the SB/BB.

2) Villain raises from early position and two people call behind and it's to you in the SB/BB.

3) Everyone folds to villain who raises from BTN or CO and is then folded to you.

4) 2 limpers to you and you are in the SB.

5) Everyone limps to you in the BB

again, the question is your calling, raising, 3-betting range as applicable in each situation.

In addition - if anyone has any specific pointers on KQo or KQs those would be great as those are the hands that I always feel uncomfortable playing from the blinds.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: blind play

1. I fold. EP raises at this level are usually strong without a read that says otherwise.

2. I'll call here mainly for straight/flush value and release the hand if an ace falls and there's significant action on the flop.

3. This spot is read dependent. Sometimes I'll 3bet intending to take it down on most flops. Usually against a strong player I'll just give it up. (This may be a leak?)

4. Complete for straight/flush value unless the table is very weak and I think I can steal it right here w/ a raise.

5. Check. Reevaluate on flop.

Oh, I just re-read your post and realized you wanted more specific range analysis. My above answers are just for KQs or AJ, but would apply to anything of similar strength like QJ/KJ, ATs, etc.. (Basically any hand that is normally dominated by a premium hand but can make good multiway hands like straights and flushes.)