Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Open question to Stars about real-time adviser apps

[ QUOTE ]
I do think something like this should be against TOS, but I think anyone who can gain significantly from this help would lack the basic knowledge to put their opponents on an accurate hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

so these things require you to input the hand-ranges EACH time?
So it would be pretty impossible to use any of them effectively if you were multi-tabling, right?

Even if it was using PT's PFR percentage and trying to come up with a realistic range wouldn't it still not be a big deal? (especially considering that number of players varies, and that we might also be looking at post-flop all-in's).

If the player himself has to input all the hand-ranges he thinks the opponent is on for that situation then I absolutely don't have a problem with the calculator.
And I definitely think the comparison to 'telling you how to play' or even directly to 'bots' are somewhat exaggerated.

Most players are bound to screw up the range anyway.
This could be one of those things that hurts a so-so player more than it helps if I'm understanding how it works correctly.

Basically, this is something that almost no successful multi-tabling SNG'ers would bother with I think.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:10 PM

In it's current version it has 2 pre-sets for hand ranges -
Loose = A2o+,22+ = too tight
Tight = AJo+,88+ = too tight
Old 05-28-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
100% agree that it should be BANNED.

Any program that makes decisions; whether automated or via user input should not be allowed...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-28-2007, 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do think something like this should be against TOS, but I think anyone who can gain significantly from this help would lack the basic knowledge to put their opponents on an accurate hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

so these things require you to input the hand-ranges EACH time?
So it would be pretty impossible to use any of them effectively if you were multi-tabling, right?

Even if it was using PT's PFR percentage and trying to come up with a realistic range wouldn't it still not be a big deal? (especially considering that number of players varies, and that we might also be looking at post-flop all-in's).

If the player himself has to input all the hand-ranges he thinks the opponent is on for that situation then I absolutely don't have a problem with the calculator.
And I definitely think the comparison to 'telling you how to play' or even directly to 'bots' are somewhat exaggerated.

Most players are bound to screw up the range anyway.
This could be one of those things that hurts a so-so player more than it helps if I'm understanding how it works correctly.

Basically, this is something that almost no successful multi-tabling SNG'ers would bother with I think.

[/ QUOTE ]
The current version of SNGEGT already has a very crude type of general opponent model (where it will set the opponent's range based on their stack/blind ratio).

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you email stars?

I think we're all interested in the 'official' answer.

[/ QUOTE ]
If somebody wants to mail them then feel free, but as I said in the OP I don't play at Stars so I doubt they would take my email very seriously.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:02 AM

Ty for spamming the forum and telling about this "new for now free" software.
You've done well.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You've done well.

[/ QUOTE ]
?

It's neither free, nor condoned by me... I would rather not even mention the name, but if I didn't then nobody would have much idea of what I was talking about and think it was just another "Calculatem Pro" type app. If I wanted to spam for them then I certainly wouldn't be asking for it to be banned...

Old 05-29-2007, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You've done well.

[/ QUOTE ]
?

It's neither free, nor condoned by me... I would rather not even mention the name, but if I didn't then nobody would have much idea of what I was talking about and think it was just another "Calculatem Pro" type app. If I wanted to spam for them then I certainly wouldn't be asking for it to be banned...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you would have done like all the other idiots that have their spam thread deleted in less than 10 minutes.

If you don't play at Stars and don't care why do you post about it? Email your complain to Stars if you want this banned.

I think you are a smart spammer, nothing else.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:24 AM

Bill, I think you're off base, yet again.

This looks like a real problem. I would love to see stars, party, FT ban all this stuff.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You've done well.

[/ QUOTE ]
?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you would have done like all the other idiots that have their spam thread deleted in less than 10 minutes.

If you don't play at Stars and don't care why do you post about it? Email your complain to Stars if you want this banned.

I think you are a smart spammer, nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough then, I can't be bothered arguing. I don't play on Stars so it doesn't effect me (directly), and if people think it's fine to use stuff like this then so be it. If Star's policy of allowing these comes back to bite the asses of the SNG players in a few months then they've only got themselves to blame: either get it banned now, or prepare for significant improvements in their opponent models and live with the consequences...