FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Preflop A9s UTG?
Raise 149 57.53%
Call 52 20.08%
FOLD???? 58 22.39%
Voters: 259. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2006, 07:05 AM

Default Re: FPHG Version 2

Lovely stuff. Would really love being able to chose were the HH files are saved though. So I could have FreePHG installed one place and have the HH files appear in my Party HH folder.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lovely stuff. Would really love being able to chose were the HH files are saved though. So I could have FreePHG installed one place and have the HH files appear in my Party HH folder.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, I agree and this will be sorted out fairly soon. It never occurred to me until this post that perhaps saving the ".hhf" directly into the Party or Empire folder might be a good idea? The only problem is that Party deletes them when u close down, but this would be exactly the same as the old setup where Party made it's own ".hhf" files.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2006, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I'm posting the first bug?

Fired up a set of 6 SNG's and ran FPHG 2 in the background. First 6 or 7 minutes were fine but then every 1 to 3 minutes one of the tables would stop having the hhf file updated until after about 25 minutes when none were recording to the hhf file. Once stopped they never begin recording again.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the feedback, and hopefully this should be easy to iron out.

I can't seem to replicate this bug yet. I just tried a mixture of speeds and regs, one time I ran on their own, the second time I ran with another app consuming any spare CPU time, and both times all were mined right to the end.

A few questions might help:

(1) Are you using either a dual core processor or a processor that uses hyper-threading?
(2) Did you simply observe the 6 tables, or were they tables you were playing at. If playing, then do you still get the same problem when observing?
(3) Is anything else using alot of CPU time at the same time (I think I've excluded this with my second test, but just to be sure).
(4) If you open up the ".hhf" files created, is their any obvious spot where they are all hanging, or is it fairly random?
(5) On a similar note to (4), if you open the ".hhf" files, is the last hand complete or is it partial?
(6) When the problem kicks in and all the files seem to have been stopped getting written to, can you close down Party and look in the sub-folder called "live". Is their still files in their after you have closed down Party? (this assumes (5) isn't happening, and the files are hanging mid-way through the hands).

If anybody else gets a similar problem, can you also answer these questions, as it might help work out what is the common factor.

BTW: If you are using FPHG V2 and it seems to be working ok for you, can you make a small post just to say this. Before I uploaded it yesterday I had tested it myself fairly thoroughly, and two others had tested it in their machines too, but overall it is still in the beta stage and any feedback (good or bad) would help me at this stage. Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2006, 09:55 AM

Can somebody tell me how to imrort files *.hhf into a Poker Tracker? And where find iWitness ( I find it, but their were errors).
Old 09-27-2006, 09:56 AM

Working great here. Left it running overnight and everything looks OK ~520 hands per hour (10 tables of 6 max).
Old 09-27-2006, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can somebody tell me how to imrort files *.hhf into a Poker Tracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out this thread
Old 09-27-2006, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can somebody tell me how to imrort files *.hhf into a Poker Tracker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I do it! I don't choose where save observed hands.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:31 AM

Is it still possible to save as .txt files?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it still possible to save as .txt files?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not yet, but it will be soon.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:25 PM

(1) Are you using either a dual core processor or a processor that uses hyper-threading? Not a dual core but pretty sure it is hyperthreaded.

(2) Did you simply observe the 6 tables, or were they tables you were playing at. If playing, then do you still get the same problem when observing? I was playing - didn't try just observing.

(3) Is anything else using alot of CPU time at the same time (I think I've excluded this with my second test, but just to be sure). PAHUD, Poker Tracker, TimeBank AHK script... I have a decent PC though and 2 GB of RAM and it does not approach high CPU levels and Disk swapping seemed very low.

(4) If you open up the ".hhf" files created, is their any obvious spot where they are all hanging, or is it fairly random? Completely random - once it happened midway through writing the "Seat x: fdsfdsf 2000 chips" part

(5) On a similar note to (4), if you open the ".hhf" files, is the last hand complete or is it partial? All are partial

(6) When the problem kicks in and all the files seem to have been stopped getting written to, can you close down Party and look in the sub-folder called "live". Is their still files in their after you have closed down Party? (this assumes (5) isn't happening, and the files are hanging mid-way through the hands). Will need to check next time

If you want to throw a debug version with extra logging my way I'd do what I can to help you get to the bottom of this. I won't be able to try though until later tonight.

One more thing, I have my own program (Tourney Manager) and I set it to look in that folder to import the tourneys. It is pretty light but I wonder if it accessing the files while your program was writing to it could be part of the problem? It opens up the files as read-only so it really shouldn't cause a problem for FPHG but just wanted to throw that out there.

Thanks,

rvg