Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Just got paid.

Let me first say that I have seen no evidence that Mr. Seif has cheated.

But I can't understand those of you defending him. He pretended not to see anything unusual with the POTRIPPER video. That lacks integrity. He has minimized and been dodgy regarding his personal relationship with Scott Tom. That lacks integrity. In essence, his public actions have given the observing public no reason to dissacociate Mark Seif from whatever has been going on behind closed doors at AP. If he wants to be the spokesman for a shady poker site, he going to have to grow a thicker skin. And learn how to give a press statement without looking like he's hiding a dead body behind the podium.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And learn how to give a press statement without looking like he's hiding a dead body behind the podium.

[/ QUOTE ]

*snicker*

That made me laugh.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:19 AM

Default F AP

^^ this hole thing is funny
but im not laughing [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-seif is the perfect 'face' of ap, they should hire all the poker cheaters and accused cheats.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: F AP

seif looked like a suspect off an episode of columbo ;0
Old 10-27-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker
For Immediate Release

Absolute Poker is proud to announce its upcoming Charity Tournament Series November 10th through November 14th. The series will feature five No Limit Holdem’ Tournaments culminating in the $200,000 Guarantee Main Event hosted by Absolute Poker Spokesman Mark Seif. Absolute Poker will first double and then donate all of the proceeds from the series to the Sunrise Children’s Foundation. In addition to the guaranteed prize money Absolute Poker will also pay a bounty to the players fortunate enough to eliminate Mark Seif, POTRIPPER, or DOUBLEDRAG from any tournament in the series.

We hope you’ll join us to raise money for such a worthy cause.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure if my sarcasm meter is broke or if this statement is real, but if it's real, I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned the obvious and glaring reprehensible recitation that this press release contains.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:17 AM

Raw Vegas interview is actually amazing. I died when he said

"I sent some of.... all of the information I have to Nat"

Not saying he is guilty but my God that was funny.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute Poker
For Immediate Release

Absolute Poker is proud to announce its upcoming Charity Tournament Series November 10th through November 14th. The series will feature five No Limit Holdem’ Tournaments culminating in the $200,000 Guarantee Main Event hosted by Absolute Poker Spokesman Mark Seif. Absolute Poker will first double and then donate all of the proceeds from the series to the Sunrise Children’s Foundation. In addition to the guaranteed prize money Absolute Poker will also pay a bounty to the players fortunate enough to eliminate Mark Seif, POTRIPPER, or DOUBLEDRAG from any tournament in the series.

We hope you’ll join us to raise money for such a worthy cause.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really sure if my sarcasm meter is broke or if this statement is real, but if it's real, I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned the obvious and glaring reprehensible recitation that this press release contains.

[/ QUOTE ]your meter is broken yes [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, I will ask again, in your OPINION why has AP elected to offer a $500 settlement to the individuals compromised in the "Marco" release but not those individuals compromised in the "unremarkable" tournament that occurred in September of 2006?

[/ QUOTE ]

...because one or more of the following statements are true:

1) they didn't realise they have sent other .xls files out like this

2) they are unable to identify which tournaments they have previously sent such an .xls file out like this

3) they haven't checked #2
Old 10-27-2007, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me first say that I have seen no evidence that Mr. Seif has cheated.

But I can't understand those of you defending him.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a general rule, when your first statement is true, your second statement should be self-evidently false.

I think a good practice in life is to defend those people who have been unjustly accused.

[ QUOTE ]
That lacks integrity. (snipped other stuff, obviously)

[/ QUOTE ]
Even if you believe this to be true, it is not reasonable to trump this up into an accusation of cheating.

There are two separate issues here - your opinion that Mark has behaved in a way that lacks integrity (whatever exactly that means), and accusations of cheating that have no credible evidence to support them.

The accusations of cheating against Mark Seif - which go to the heart of this situation - have no base in credible evidence, and people should stop making them.

The sum total of the accusation against him is that, well over a year ago, there was one hand, which he allegedly open folded on the flop. The source of this evidence is a blog post, which contains no HH, and which the author's view has significantly changed.

2p2 should be a bastion of high quality thinking. The accusation against Mark has no basis in high quality thinking, and until such time that evidence is provided, it should cease.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:22 AM

One fact which I consider major has been noted in this thread by another poster, yet it's been passed over.

The CEO Poker Tour, a scam organization, was supposedly making charitable contributions to the Sunrise Children's Foundation (of Las Vegas).

Now we find that AP, a questionable organization if not outrightly corrupt, is making charitable contributions to the same charity.

There are thousands, if not tens of thousands, of charitable organizations in the USA.
Yet two shady companies are both working with a charity which I would guess no one on these boards has ever heard of, and which has a website which has been aptly described here as "a ghost town".

The coincidence would be easier to accept if they were both dealing with a "top ten" charity - e.g., "Quick, where do I donate - how about the Salvation Army".

But 2 shady gaming companies both dealing with the same obscure Las Vegas charity - my scam detector is buzzing.

I suspect that some of the excellent detectives on this site could uncover some interesting dirt.