Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: AIM hacked.

[ QUOTE ]
you guys know that he can't actually hack right? he just steals your password from AOL

[/ QUOTE ]
yea hehe, these are not hackings by any means.

he is either a) guessing because you have stupidly simple passwords b) using a password cracker he got for free on the interwebs or c) sweet talking

the guy is a moron but you just need to be sensible with who you trust so you don't get burned by someone that can't spell swongs
Old 09-24-2007, 11:50 PM

Hey Fwiw I just came to realize that some [censored] stole my name and pretended to be me on 2 + 2. That guy Splits89 isn't me and he stole my username. I know you probably thinking I am making this all up but I can prove it. Do u remember way back in the summer we were playing 25/50 nl on cake and you asked me for a live HU match in NYC like at straddle club or fairview elite club. I said we can play live for 10k buy in HU. Also, in the conversation you said u were in vegas at the time and was gonna be in the city in several weeks. I just signed up to this site im trying to make a new forum telling everyone that the splits89 guy isnt really me but I dont know how to make a new forum. If you know how to do it let me know.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:54 PM

Dean that guy splits89 is a fake I just found out that he has been using my name all over 2 + 2 trying to scam people. Please do not do anything he tells u because hes trying to screw people over. I replied to Fwiw foxwood fiend and told him that I am the real splits89 and I even proved it to him by reminding him of the convo we had over the summer about a live HU match.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:02 AM

in a new and exciting twist
Old 09-25-2007, 01:25 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]
Dean that guy splits89 is a fake I just found out that he has been using my name all over 2 + 2 trying to scam people. Please do not do anything he tells u because hes trying to screw people over. I replied to Fwiw foxwood fiend and told him that I am the real splits89 and I even proved it to him by reminding him of the convo we had over the summer about a live HU match.

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy types like splits89 plays poker so i think this might be the real one
Old 09-25-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy types like splits89 plays poker so i think this might be the real one

[/ QUOTE ]

he is, it's definitely him
Old 09-25-2007, 01:37 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

the other guy was a very very good imposter though, he must have railed splits for weeks.

in other news, this thread needs to get broken off and moved somewhere because this whole stevethepimp thing is actually a pretty big scandal and people need to know about it (which increases the chance someone will know this dropkick this douchebag)
Old 09-25-2007, 02:43 AM

Just so everyone knows: if you use an AIM name that was originally made using AOL, you are potentially in danger. This is true even if you have stopped using AOL, and cut off service. If you are still using the same name from your AOL account, call AOL and have them close your account permanently, then make a new screen name with AIM.

I dunno if this has been said already but if it has it is worth repeating.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Register every poker site to a different e-mail address. Also, make sure each e-mail address (perhaps one you create on Yahoo or Hotmail) does not have a connection to you. Don't use them to communicate with other poker players, and don't make them easy to guess. For example, create one like "desklamp344@yahoo.com" -- something random that nobody would associate with you. This way, even if Steve does find a way to compromise Yahoo, he won't know where to look for your account.

[/ QUOTE ]
this seems like a good idea in theory, but a lot of sites require you use the same email address you have registered with NETeller in order to deposit/withdraw.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:18 PM

http://www.andybloch.com/gl/pub/arti...70925125259599