Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: So I Called 911 Tonight...

After a long night of drinking in a college apartment my friend Wilson had been engaged in a drinking contest with our friend Mike involving a shot glass named "The Pirate" which held like maybe 8 shots. A gravity bong housing a gallon gatorade jug was also involved. So Wilson gets extremely inebriated and starts to get all gangsta and decides to put his fist through a window. Only the top part of the window was down, so it was more like two panes of glass at once. As I'm wrestling with him to stop and no one around is helping me because they are [censored] up and assume we are just screwing around, Wilson pulls his shirt off, wraps it around his arm, and proceeds to put his whole arm through these two panes of glass, ripping his arm open on the way out. Blood spirts all over the kitchen

I call 911 and someone else gets a towel and puts pressure on the wound. Wilson keeps insisting that he's fine and that all he needs is a cigarette. Ambulance arrives and the EMT's probably realize that if they enter the house they are going to have to be witnesses to all the underage drinking and illegal substances and stand at the door and let Wilson come out to them. Mike's little brother than pukes on someone's shoes and a few people get to work cleaning up the blood and chunks of arm fat from the kitchen.

The next day Wilson comes home after spending the night in the hospital, and pulls out an ounce of weed that apparently he had in his pocket the whole time and lights up and we play Fifa World Cup for PS2
Old 09-12-2007, 09:58 AM

My one 911 story, fwiw:

I was driving home from work at 10pm after working late. The next day, I was scheduled to fly from Virginia to Florida to meet my fiance's parents, and give my fiance her engagement ring, which I had with me in the car.

I was completely stopped at a light on a 3-lane road, when a car plowed into my rear going full speed, prob about 40-50 mph. My face hit the steering wheel (not sure about the seatbelt), hard enough to smash the wheel and steering column. I almost lost consciousness, but managed to grab the ring and stagger out of the car quite woozy. The driver of the other vehicle appeared to be unconscious and slumped over in his seat.

I called 911 and an ambulance and police arrived quickly. Other motorists who saw the accident stopped to make sure I was okay and offered to be witnesses. The cops said the other driver was very drunk and that he would go to jail after the hospital. I had a bloody nose but was otherwise okay, though my year old car was totaled. Luckily for me, I'm such a blockhead a steering wheel is no match for my face. :-)
Old 09-12-2007, 10:23 AM

OP was very anticlimatic. Next time just make up a cooler story!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:50 AM

I've never called 911.

I don't talk to the law - I don't listen to the law - I don't like the law.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:51 AM

I've called 911 3 times, all within the past few years.

Time 1: two infant/toddlers in a car outside of home depot by themselves, in their car seats. Oldest was like 3. I sat there in my car, parked a few spots away, until after the parent came out and drove off, about 30 seconds before the cops arrived. I think the kids were left out there at least 10 or 15 minutes, because I waited a few minutes before calling trying to think of what to do. That seriously pissed me off.

Time 2: two kids, like 10 or 12, laying in the right hand lane of a bridge, ala that movie from about 10 years ago. (That is, just laying there for a thrill or something, their bikes were on the sidewalk iirc). I don't know what happened there, I didn't turn around and go back.

Time 3: Some van kept drifting out of its lane on the highway and generally driving really erratic. After a couple miles and a tunnel, I decided to call about this obvious drunk driver. When I finally got to pass the van it was driven by a woman in a burka who was leaned way forward, so I think it was just a really really bad driver who wasn't drunk, but she was driving so erratically, I wouldn't even risk passing her until I could get a lane between us.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:10 PM

Heres my story:

I was getting off with 2 other coworkers and it was habit to walk to your cars with others since one of our coworkers was beaten up walking to his car alone and the parking area was generally a bad area. So it was about midnight and we noticed what looked like 3 guys breaking into a car. Sure enough they run off with a stereo and proceed to get in a car what was on the same block (parking was backend first parking). I decide to call 911 and inform them of what we just saw and tell the operator that the guys are still parked and are just sitting in the car. We give them all the info we can, and the call is over.

So we are waiting to see what happens or what not and the thieves decide to take off. We decide to follow them. As we are driving north a cop passes us going south, so i call back and tell the operator what is going on. As i am telling her this she is relaying the new info to the cops.
The thieves then go back to their original parking spot, while the cops are parked at a McDonalds on the opposite side of a very small block. So we pull up to the cop and give him the details.

Ultimately another cops patrols the street, sees the guys and pulls up blocking their car. The cops wanted us to go to the car and identify them, but we agreed we'd get in a cop car and from a distance identify them.

Cliff notes:
Witness car break in, call 911, follow thieves. Call 911 again with update. Cops catch up to thieves.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:43 PM

this last one is pretty awesome
Old 09-12-2007, 03:49 PM

OP you could have gone to the road you heard the crash from and looked for tire marks or anything unusual yourself to confirm you weren't hallucinating...
Old 09-12-2007, 04:11 PM

I've called a few times...

[This part probably irrelevant... skip to next section if you want]
One time about 12 years ago my buddy and I walk out of a strip club at 4 am. I think we ate some denny's then went to a gas station to gas up for the trip home. This drunk old man walks in and asks for a pack of smokes, then says he left his money in the car. He starts to walk out to his car but takes the smokes with him. Cashier says hey buddy leave the smokes there. So old man hems and haws then leaves the smokes there, goes to his car, and leaves.

We leave behind the guy and we notice he pulls into the next gas station. So we go just to see what's up. Old dude tries the same trick there.

Goes down the road a bit and tries it again.

[NEXT SECTION: Dude driving drunk]
So now we've been following him a while and can tell he's swerving all over the place. So the next time he stops we decide we're gonna call the cops from a pay phone (this is before everyone had cell phones).

Anyway he stops, I go to a pay phone and call and am giving them the info, his license plate, etc. They ask where he is now so they can come and I suddenly realize the irony of this situation.

I say "well he just pulled into a donut shop".

The dispatcher chewed me out and hung up.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I say "well he just pulled into a donut shop".

The dispatcher chewed me out and hung up.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. Worth the read.

My mom said I used to call 911 when I was like two and make stuff up just to see if they'd come. Aside from that, I've only called twice. The most recent was when my power went out after a pretty loud boom, which wound up coming from an asploded transformer after a car plowed through a telephone pole. And once in high school someone across the street from me was vandalized by a weird serial arsonist who got his jollies from throwing Molotov cocktails into cars. I called 911 because evidently when you light a car on fire, when it reaches the gizmo that works the horn, the horn goes to nonstop mode, which woke me up at 3 in the morning. The dude wound up torching 40-some cars before he was finally caught.