Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 07:25 PM

Default 2 hands 25£/50£ on crypto

6-handed. my image is TAG, havent been out of line in this session so far.

Hand1:

UTG with a 2700 stack (grrrr - SC/BW legend for those who care [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) raises to 200 (i havent played much with him but he seems to know what hes doing), SB (solid good player who covers me) calls, i call in the BB with 9s9d and a 5k stack

flop: JcKd5d - checked around
turn: 5c - SB checks, i bet 450 both call
river: 7h - SB checks i bet 1550.

spew? i felt SB had a draw most likely - which missed and UTG would have bet a strong made hand into 2 players on a draw heavy board like this, so a bet should take this down a lot of the time - right?

Hand2:

folded around to me on the button i open to 150 with 5c5d, grrrr reraises out of SB to 500 (he has 4700 i cover, hes agressive so this could be a lot of hands) i call.

flop: 5sTdAc he checks, i bet 650 he calls.
turn: 9s he checks again. at this point i figure him for KK,QQ maybe a weak ace i dont think he plays a strong hand this weak so i check behind hoping to extract some more money on the river
question1: good play? better lines?
river: 3d he checks, i bet 1850
question2: what if the river is nasty say KsQsJs and he a) checks - bet small and fold to push? check behind? or b) pushes all-in over potsize?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:47 PM

Default Re: 2 hands 25£/50£ on crypto

Hand 1, drawing flop or not is it not possible he could be slow playing trip kings? Or even jacks? I agree that AA or AK is an impossibility the way the had is being played.

He may've called with AJ or QQ on the turn so a bet by you on the river will force a pass. He may've called the turn to pick the pot up later, so obviously a river bet will stop that ploy too.

I wouldn't know where I was to be honest without knowledge of the player. A bet will win it if either of the scenarios I mentioned are the case, although there are two big hands you are walking into, maybe.

Your position couldn't be worse.

Hand 2
I think your check on the turn is a good play. Either that or perhaps a 700/800 weak bet.
If the river is a scare card, then I wouldn't check there are too many calling hands that he could have which you still beat. One of those rivers could two pair him. I would even call a reraise. If you're beat by bigger trips or a back door flush then it's one of those things you have to suck up.

Also as you CHECKED the turn its less likely he would check a nut hand to you after the river.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: 2 hands 25£/50£ on crypto

Hand 1 has showdown value, dont make it a bluff!! There's like a ton of different draws out there, and also, like someone said, one of 'em might even be slowplaying.
Check it out. If he bets, gogo DP.

Hand 2, fold to overshove; 50/50 cf and cc on a KQJs river.