Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2006, 05:57 AM

Default free play flops two pair, but there must be a better line

im at a table full of loose/passives. CO is 44/5/.67 after 79 hands. Button is 55/5/.72 after 134 hands. SB is 59/11/.79 over 96 hands. normally, i would play the hand differently, but trying to get in a c/r on these guys was not the easiest thing to do. i figured betting for value, with the possibility of getting a 3-bet in, was a better play against these weakies. was there a better way to play this? also, after the SB calls the river, should i just be folding this? the major passivity was throwing off my senses.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 01-13-2006, 06:00 AM

Default Re: free play flops two pair, but there must be a better line

Why don't you bet the river?

Ofcourse you should never fold this. Any King will call down, any Ace will bet the river after your check. They don't put you on 2 pair.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, i have no idea. i was thinking about it after posting the hand, and i dont know why the hell i didnt bet it. ill call it a brain fart.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:04 AM

I think you absolutely need to get a check raise in on the flop. Since you don't, you must do it on the turn. Since you don't, you must do it on the river. Since you don't, you miss bets.

Ninth Path
Old 01-13-2006, 06:05 AM

I think you should have bet the river for value, the rest is fine.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:07 AM

I wouldn't go for a CR against these passive players. I would hate giving a free card here.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:10 AM

If betting the river is for value here, which it is, then getting a raise in on any of the prior streets = more value.

Ninth Path
Old 01-13-2006, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't go for a CR against these passive players. I would hate giving a free card here.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the reason i decided to just go ahead and bet. if one of them had raised pf (obviously i wouldnt be in the hand had that happened), then i would go for a c/r. when these guys were all limping, they were checking through every chance they got(even with good hands).
Old 01-13-2006, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the reason i decided to just go ahead and bet. if one of them had raised pf (obviously i wouldnt be in the hand had that happened), then i would go for a c/r. when these guys were all limping, they were checking through every chance they got(even with good hands).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. Checkraising is very risky against passives like these and the board is not totally safe with 2 clubs.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you absolutely need to get a check raise in on the flop. Since you don't, you must do it on the turn. Since you don't, you must do it on the river. Since you don't, you miss bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

To protect his hand? Pot isn't big enough to worry about that. Just bet to build a pot like you did, but until someone shows you otherwise bet like you have the best hand.