Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 06:36 PM

Default God this feels weak/tight...

Villain is 20/16/2 over 80 hands, hasn't gotten tremendously out of line, but I did see him c/r a 233 flop with A8.

Full Tilt 2/4 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB
Old 09-09-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: God this feels weak/tight...

I think the converter screwed up the preflop action. If you're in the SB I think this is a fold preflop.

I'd bet/fold the turn.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet/fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you getting value from here? A turned flush draw (one that chooses not to semibluff this great turn)? A check lets him bluff pocket pairs that he'll fold if we bet.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet/fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you getting value from here? A turned flush draw (one that chooses not to semibluff this great turn)? A check lets him bluff pocket pairs that he'll fold if we bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

In villain's spot, if calling a bet with TT is wrong, I don't want to be right
Old 09-09-2007, 09:10 PM

Assuming you're out of position, that turn position really sucks and I don't think there is an easy way to play it, especially against a decent player like this. As to what play loses the least here I don't know. I suspect it's bet/fold against this guy because he seems a little straight forward. By betting the turn you say that you're not afraid of the A and that will at least make him think a bit before trying to bluff you off of your K with something like QQ. Check folding is obviously the worst play. Maybe Heisenb3rg would suggest bet/3-bet here since that's the perfect bluff card (I'm half kidding.)
Old 09-09-2007, 10:33 PM

Seems to me that the turn makes it a WA/WB situation and I start check calling down.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:13 PM

Assuming that villain is CO, and your are BB (since you are in one of the blind spots), I like everything till turn. I think b/f-b/f is good, as villian will likely call down with 88-QQ, and usually is only raising with hands that beat you.

I would like c/c, c/c if the board was 2 tone, or at least had some draws to leave some semi-bluffing opportunities for villain, or make villain think that we c/r semi bluffed and didn't follow through with another bluff on a draw, and have him "value bet" us with 88-QQ
Old 09-09-2007, 11:23 PM

I'm not folding anywhere
people like to represent aces
Old 09-09-2007, 11:32 PM

Against this opponent, preflop is probably a fold. Given where you are, you should check/call turn and reevaluate the river.

Villain will often bet hands like 99 on the turn when checked to and then check behind the river. That possibility plus the fact that you usually have some outs when behind makes this the best line imho. (Also, the fact that when you're ahead of villain, he's drawing slim, so you don't mind him taking a free card.)
Old 09-09-2007, 11:56 PM

Really, really bad.