Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:16 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own
Default What Supplements should I be taking?

Ok I'm 6'1 150lb and its time for me to start getting stronger. im going to start with the rippetoe workout plan but i want to know what supplements i should be taking that will help me get bigger/stronger. i know alot of kids taking NoXplode but it seems like the consensus on this board that it doesn't do anything other than make you feel good. i googled for info but theres just so much stuff im overwhelmed. thanks
Old 10-26-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: What Supplements should I be taking?

Standards: Multi, whey, creatine. I would also say casein protein or a protein blend is standard before bed.

Ive heard good things about Beta-alanine, but you have to be pretty dedicated to use it since it takes 3-4 weeks of constant use to kick in and you have to dose it 4x a day. BCAA's are good for during workout, altho def. not essential. I like purple wraath from controlled labs. Some people like NO products, some think they are junk. I think they are ok, I used to use NO-XPlode and still have some but rarely use it. Even if something will increase my results by 1% i'll use it.

Of course the most important thing is lift heavy eat lots etc etc.

-Mike
Old 10-27-2007, 12:58 AM

When you're starting out, you really don't need any supplements except for a good multivitamin and protein powder and that's about it. Once you get more experience, you can add creatine and maybe some BCCAA. Most of the supplements out there are junk..
Old 10-27-2007, 01:30 AM

Fish/salmon oil is a must imo
Old 10-27-2007, 12:50 PM

Whey protein/noxplode(or nanoVapor)/NOX2

Dont take too much NOX2 with nanoVapor.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:15 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

are there any negatives on creatine? i thought that once you stop taking it you pretty muc lose all your progress or no?
Old 10-27-2007, 02:50 PM

Default eat Correctly

eating is more important then supplements.

you want to eat 6 to 7 meals each day (every 2 1/2 to 3 hours). a pound to 1.5 pounds of protein per pound of body weight each day. real food is better then drinks, bars, etc.

each meal should have protein, a lot of vegetables, and at least 3 of the meals should have complex burning carbs (oatmeal, brown rice, yams, whole wheat bread, etc).

post workout immediately drink a mixture of 40g to 50g protein (whey is best here because it is digested quickly), bcaas, glutamine, 40 to 60 grams of a simple sugar, and creatine (if you want it).

a good multivitamin.

glutamine, bcaas, twice a day are good.

fish oils are good too. pick a deep water fish oil.

see how your body reacts, and then make changes. expect things to happen slowly.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: eat Correctly

[ QUOTE ]
eating is more important then supplements.

you want to eat 6 to 7 meals each day (every 2 1/2 to 3 hours). a pound to 1.5 pounds of protein per pound of body weight each day. real food is better then drinks, bars, etc.

each meal should have protein, a lot of vegetables, and at least 3 of the meals should have complex burning carbs (oatmeal, brown rice, yams, whole wheat bread, etc).

post workout immediately drink a mixture of 40g to 50g protein (whey is best here because it is digested quickly), bcaas, glutamine, 40 to 60 grams of a simple sugar, and creatine (if you want it).

a good multivitamin.

glutamine, bcaas, twice a day are good.

fish oils are good too. pick a deep water fish oil.

see how your body reacts, and then make changes. expect things to happen slowly.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, thats one helluva bulking program u got goin on there
Old 10-27-2007, 06:41 PM

don't take anything until you have your diet, routine, sleep and life in order. 99% of getting huge, ripped, fat, skinny whatever comes down to your diet, a good amount of sleep, and discipline, determination and time spent working toward the results in the gym in a PRODUCTIVE way (i.e. not the stairmaster for 2 hours). Supplements are pointless for the general population as there are huge gaping holes in their exercise/diet routine to begin with that no amount of supplements is going to help.

All this being said, I take fishoil...that's it.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:15 PM

Nutritional deficiencies are common. Everybody gets different amounts of minerals in their water, for instance, and everybody drinks different amounts of water. A simple one-a-day supplement will handle a lot of that for you. Exercise also puts a strain on your system that increases the need for certain vitamins and minerals. If you want to add supplements, read up what each vitamin and mineral does. Most vitamins are water-soluble, so you'll just pee away the extra, so they won't generally hurt much even if you have too much. Don't take too much of the fat-soluble ones, as they get stored up in your body, and too much vitamin A especially can be toxic. In other words, you can increase your intake of some vitamins and minerals, but not all. Be sure to do some reading, and supplement carefully and slowly. Deciding to take a lot more niacin, for example, can lead to some panicky moments. Break in increased dosages of anything into your diet slowly and carefully. There's no hurry; you got along without them before.