Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!

Old 10-11-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Left-Brained or Right-Brained?

supposedly, this isllusion shows you if you are more right-brained (creative), or left-brained (logical)

if the dancer spins clockwise, you supposedly use your right brain more often, if the dancer spins counter-clockwise, you supposedly use your left brain more often...

linky

i personally can only see her spinning clockwise, and i assumed it was just some lame "experiment" or joke or something... however, there are people in the forum from the site that posted this who claim they can only see it counter-clockwise, and some who claim they can make it switch and can see both...

however, the people in that forum are idiots, so i thought id let you guys take a shot, and tell me if you see any different... again, i can only see her spin clockwise, and im hoping that many of you will see counter-clockwise, seeing as many poker players would most likely seem to fall under the "logical" catagory.

im hoping this is for real, because if so, it's quite cool
Old 10-11-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Left-Brained or Right-Brained?

On another forum I read this was posted. Some people there say it spins counter-clockwise, and some could see it go both ways with effort.

I'm not really sure how well it measures which side of your brain is dominant though. There seems to be little to no correlation between the way you see it move, and your right / left-handedness for example.

Btw, I see it clockwise, but I'm right-handed, and very good at logic (on the LSAT which measure logical reasoning, analytical reasoning, etc. I scored in the top 99.9%.) And I don't think I'm particularly creative, although obviously that's much harder to measure.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:17 PM

I am able to see it both ways. At first, it was going clockwise. Then I stared at the shadow for a bit and at some point I noticed it going counter-clockwise. I've been able to do that a couple of times now.

Anytime that I look away from the page completely and go back to it, it is going clockwise again. This is pretty strange because I am not creative at all and any left-brain/right-brain testing I've done in the past has shown me to be more left-brained.

*edit* Now when I look away and go back it is counter-clockwise. hmmm...
Old 10-11-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am able to see it both ways. At first, it was going clockwise. Then I stared at the shadow for a bit and at some point I noticed it going counter-clockwise. I've been able to do that a couple of times now.

Anytime that I look away from the page completely and go back to it, it is going clockwise again. This is pretty strange because I am not creative at all and any left-brain/right-brain testing I've done in the past has shown me to be more left-brained.

*edit* Now when I look away and go back it is counter-clockwise. hmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, i've heard several different people comment that they were seeing it clockwise, yet are not creative people... problem is, then i really dont see what makes people see it different... like, i'm usually really good with optical illusions, magic eye sort of things, but for the life of me i can't see anything but this thing spinning clockwise...no matter how long i look, no matter what i look at.. so i pose another question... what could possibly make people see it spin differently form others if the left-brain right-brain things isn't true?
Old 10-11-2007, 07:32 PM

If you look at her bottom foot it's always going clockwise. I'm not sure what could possibly make you see it any differently.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you look at her bottom foot it's always going clockwise. I'm not sure what could possibly make you see it any differently.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT?????

no
Old 10-11-2007, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, this is simply not true. As the foot goes from facing left to facing right there's no way to know whether it's coming towards you or going away from you in the 3rd dimension. This is equally true about her bottom foot as it is about every other part of her body.

That is why it can go either direction. I closed my eyes and pictured her rotating the opposite way and when I opened my eyes I was able to see her rotating whichever way I'd chosen.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:46 PM

What does it mean if you see her bent over?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does it mean if you see her bent over?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're not thinking with your brain... haha
Old 10-11-2007, 08:29 PM

wow update... after trying for a while, if i close my eyes for like 2 seconds and picture her going counter-clockwise, she'll go that way... how is this [censored] possible? i dont get it