Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Ive been hacked...now what?

On Jan 4th, I went to access my Neteller to pay for my new TV and have some extra cash. When I accessed the account I noticed the balance was 0, and immediately knew that was not right. I then noticed 6 transactions occurred on the 2nd to Stars and Full Tilt, ones I did not make.

I then tried to access my Full Tilt and Stars account, to be told I have the wrong password. WTF? I try and try, no dice. I then attempt to reset the password and go log into my gmail account I use for poker, and I cant get into that.

Thusfar I have emailed support at Stars and Tilt and called and emailled Neteller. I cannot change the password on the gmail because the hacker changed the alternate email on gmail. I have sent them a report but them but they dont seem that helpful.

I tried to call my bank's 1-800 number but there are no humans there and a machine cant exactly fix my problem.

What do I do from here (besides hang myself)?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Ive been hacked...now what?

Wow, that is really bad and defiantly really scary. I have no advice for you (sorry), but how could a hacker do this? Is Norton Internet Security / Anti virus not good enough?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:04 PM

I'd start by finding the keylogger on your computer.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do I do from here (besides hang myself)?

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously do your standard virus scans and whatnot to see if your computer has been infiltrated from the outside.

If that hadn't happened, start giving all of your friends the "routine audit"...Full Tilt style. Interrogate the sh!t out of everyone you know that could possibly have access to your place or computer. This was definitely pre-meditated IMO. Take no shorts when drilling everyone.

Best of luck.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd start by finding the keylogger on your computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly does one go about doing this? Standard virus scanner? Just trying to help those not good with computers.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:09 PM

From a computer standpoint: step 1 physically unplug the ethernet cables of any computers you think are infected. If they are wireless, shut down your wireless card.

Do you have data that you NEED off of the infected computers? If no then format and reinstall the OS. First thing add a firewall (www.zonealarm.com for example) and patch up. You are going to need a perfectly clean computer to deal with all the password changes, etc.

If you have Data you need to keep then try the scan/disinfection route. I am not an expert but have dealt with some infections before. If you want info on how to disinfect shoot me a pm or I can post here. Most important thing is to get all your passwords for everything changed over and do it from a clean computer.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:10 PM

Do you have any suspicions as to the actual cause i.e. "friend" had access to yr comp, installation of suspect software, etc.?

edit: fwiw, i am sorry for the misfortune and i hope you recover some/all of yr losses.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:15 PM

I plan on reformatting it tonight Im just getting all the info that I need off of it.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:16 PM

EMC, I know we all "know" not to store passwords (IE gmail, FTP, stars, neteller), but do you recall if these are stored/saved?

If not and you don't think any roomates/friends have your login info, you most likely have a keylogger and/or trojan infecting you.

Actually, now that I think about it this is almost certainly a keylogger as they know 'all' of your passwords (gmail ftp stars).

download and run Spybot search & destroy and Lavasoft ad-aware, you can get both free at www.download.com

I would call full tilt 1800 got-tilt to see if there is any way they can help.

Good luck with everything.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:17 PM

I have them stored because I was told in the past if I had a keylogger I wouldnt be typing these so they wouldnt be known by the keylogger.