Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory

Old 11-25-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: are micro limits crushable?

Yes I know I should kill myself or whatever... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2007, 09:29 PM

Why not move up? I dont get it.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:39 PM

the only two ways to really lose at small limits are they play better than you or you dont play well enough to overcome the rake. that should be easy to get a feel for.

variance is not an issue in poker if you play within your means and play well and dont tilt.

when they dont respect your raises you are in a good game.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not move up? I dont get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, first of all I'm completely clueless when it comes to playing no limit regardless of how my bankroll is.

And I have played a fair amount of NL50. Probably about 40k hands so not enough to have a real idea how I'm doing but my hourly is significantly higher playing NL25.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:28 PM

I've always found 25NL alot easier to beat than 10NL for whatever reason and I defiantly feel you could crush it, but if you're crushing 25NL you're definatly on par to play 50NL with the proper bankroll imo.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've always found 25NL alot easier to beat than 10NL for whatever reason and I defiantly feel you could crush it, but if you're crushing 25NL you're definatly on par to play 50NL with the proper bankroll imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I'm not the only that thinks this. I seem to lose at 10nl and win at 25nl.
It's those damned 10nl sharks..
Old 11-26-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I'm not the only that thinks this. I seem to lose at 10nl and win at 25nl.
It's those damned 10nl sharks..

[/ QUOTE ]

$10NL on FTP can be tough at times. It's hard to find a table that doesn't have a bunch of short stacking nits that sit with $2. Also FTP has a $2 max rake on those tables and that's borderline robbery.

I'm just curious as to what kind of win rate people have pulled in the $10NL on FTP.

I pretty much broke even ( <2PTBB/100 ) on the $10NL tables. Now I'm playing $25NL with a much better win rate (table selection seems easier and the rake doesn't seem to hurt as much, although it still stings).
Old 11-26-2007, 11:36 PM

anything below 5ptbb/100 at any level below NL100 is pretty lol really over a decent sample

if you can't beat the games over a good sample you are doing something very wrong and should do something drastic about your play immediately.

read all the stickies, subscribe to cardrunners or leggopoker or both, post hands, just think about the fundamentals

also i can easily imagine that NL10 is harder to beat than NL25 cos of the rake, but you should be able to crush both limits fairly easily