Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-24-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Why do I suck at multiplayer arghh

Unless you play a ton you'll continually get owned by the online guys. They play all the time and know all the maps very well and also the spots to camp and launch attacks from. Online is much different than COD4(or any other FPS) on normal difficulty, the AI is not much of a challenge in any campaigns.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fast paced aggressiveness, constant radar monitoring, map awareness, gun choice/range management. ship the poker coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2007, 01:37 AM

Thanks for the responses, I even got a few PMs as well, thanks again.

I seem to be getting a little better, I was a level 8 or so on COD4 when I wrote this post and was using the MP5 and red dot scope, which worked alright but the recoil was a bit much for me and I missed easy kills too often. Unfortunately I really had no alternatives at that point, not enough guns to choose from. Today I was researching the best guns in the game, and of course a million people had different opinions, but quite a few mentioned the M4 as a good gun to use because of it's little recoil, which is exactly what I was looking for. I started getting more kills but it was tough aiming without a scope. I just unlocked the red dot scope and the first match I was neck and neck with some guy on Free For All for most points. Unfortunately he edged me out. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I happened to face a lot of people who had lower ranks that time though so I supposed I lucked out there.

I still get killed way too much though, but it's almost always people who I have no idea are there until it's too late. I like COD4, but I think these maps are way too small for this amount of players. I just feel like the only way I can avoid dying is to have eyes in the back (and for that matter, the sides as well) of my head.

I suppose knowing the maps more would help. I have a bad memory though, but I'll try that in the future.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

You probably just don't play enough, which is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the typical profile for many of these hardcore online fPS clowns consist of out-of-shape, pimple-faced nerds sitting in their underwear all day while drinking Mountain Dew and munching on Doritos..
They usually have a forearm that is slightly bigger than the other for reasons that are quite obvious.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They usually have a forearm that is slightly bigger than the other for reasons that are quite obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it from vigorously fisting your mom?
Old 11-25-2007, 03:44 AM

The only FPS I ever got into playing multiplayer online was Half-Life free for alls. I think that on a lot of maps they fit my style very well. I tended to be very good at movement and evasion - thank you long jump module - and mediocre at accuracy in an actual firefight. Keeping moving usually meant you could find people otherwise engaged and pick them off with the grenade launcher, though, or get right up behind them and shotgun their ass.

Anyway, in playing Halo with friends of mine a few years ago, I found that I suffered in a game where the movement of the players wasn't quite as fast, because my relative lack of accuracy became amplified.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:47 AM

Being good at campaigns and being good at online games have nothing in common. They require 2 different styles of play.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Being good at campaigns and being good at online games have nothing in common. They require 2 different styles of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

I've always been pretty darn good at any FPS I pick up. Started with Delta Force 2 on the computer (Novalogic) and out of the thousands of people that played that, I was in the top 10 - FPS' have always come very natural to me. I wonder why that is? Maybe it's just a case of growing up with these things, versus older players who are more used to mario type games.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:23 PM

I've sucked at pretty much any next gen shooter I've played online (GoW, FEAR, Resistance) but CoD4 somehow works for me. Everybody has said it before but knowing the map really is key. You have to know where the territorial battles are fought. Very often there is some spot in a map everybody either instinctively goes to or wants to occupy. All the action is there so go there! Use grenades in these situations and always try to come from wherever they are not expecting you to come from.

Aim for the head!
Old 11-25-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it from vigorously fisting your mom?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey lighten up you scumbag.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]