Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-13-2007, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Heroes - 11-12 - Background Episode

In the episode where Sylar comes to kill Claire, he's confronted on the hill by the Haitian only to find he can't use his powers.

When Matt tries to read his mind in the first series, he finds he can't.

In the future, Matt everywhere with the Haitian because of this specific ability.

It's been said that the Haitian can only block telepathic abilities, which could make sense.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

We learned DL died, but they decided to show us it anyways, Sylar would have been a much more interesting arc.

Also are the pills different from the vaccine?

[/ QUOTE ]

We thought he died due to getting shot by Linderman, we were wrong. If they decided Sylar spent half of the four months globetrotting, they'd have showed us. As of right now, we know what happened to Sylar.

[ QUOTE ]
It's been said that the Haitian can only block telepathic abilities, which could make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except in the future Hiro and Peter didn't want to face him since he'd stop them. Although Future "Nathan" could use his powers in front of the Haitian. So the answer is ???.

[ QUOTE ]
who the [censored] killed Hiro's dad then?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looked like a white male. Any white males that'd kill Hiro's dad to get back at Hiro?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except in the future Hiro and Peter didn't want to face him since he'd stop them. Although Future "Nathan" could use his powers in front of the Haitian. So the answer is ???.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean telepathic, i meant ....mental? I can't really remember the wording that was used, but there was some sort of continuity over who's powers he'd blocked and who's he hadn't.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who the [censored] killed Hiro's dad then?

[/ QUOTE ]

It looked like a white male. Any white males that'd kill Hiro's dad to get back at Hiro?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suprised nobody has actually brought this up, and they are focusing on the "company" in general when arguing why it was Adam that killed Kato.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:12 AM

This episode was as good as Heroes is ever going to get.

A backhanded compliment, as the writing was still horrible, as every episode. They did give us more answers than any other episode, but endless plotholes like how The Company would put someone as powerful as Peter in the cell right next to Adam where they could talk to each other and the only way to keep Peter inside is to hope he takes pills every single day voluntarily???
Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 AM

Kristen Bell hotness (NSFWish)

Kristen Bell > Ali Larter

I thought the episode was ok. I'm quite surprised most 2p2ers here liked it. Peter/Adam was the only good storyline. Did anyone actually enjoy the brother/sister storyline? DL/Micah/Nikki? CRAP! I want more Sylar!! Why didn't we find out how Sylar ended up in Mexico?? =( I guess that girl took him out there, but it would have been more interested to see that story.

i continue to lose faith in this show, yet i still watch. =(
Old 11-13-2007, 12:01 PM

A question for all of you Heroes watchers...

I was never into this show until recently - I watched all of season 1 and am a little torn about whether or not i want to continue watching.

My biggest beef (aside from the fight scenes, which leave MUCH to be desired - considering everybodies phenominal powers) is Hiro.

Almost every show/movie I've seen that tinkers in the idea of time travel just makes me angry that they tried to do it in the first place. Hero is a blatant example of how you can use that idea in such a half-assed manner to confuse me.

Alright - so we have established that Hiro can go back/forward in time and space - and even meet himself in the time he travels to. Sometimes it is accurate down to a second, sometimes he's years off - whatever.

His "stopping time" power seems to be completely controllable, but he almost never uses it at the right time.

Example - In the final episode, Sylar and whatsisname are fighting, and POOF - there is Hiro. Instead of stopping time and beheading Sylar, he slowly runs forward, screaming, while time is moving at a normal speed. Sylar, though he is able to stop bullets mid-air, does not even attempt to flick Hiro's sword out of the way...or dodge the attack...or anything.

Despite the fact that Sylar is pretty much impervious to bullets, and can stop them/shoot them back at the person firing them, a weak little asian kid with 1 day of sword training can run wildly screaming and deliver a (near) fatal wound through his gut.

If asian kid wanted to stop time, he could chop sylar into 50 pieces before he could do anything. Or even better, he could travel back 1 second in time, meet himself, both travel 1 second back in time, then there's 4...8...16...32... basically Hiro could make an army of himself considering the fact that the time travel rules of this show are so vaguely defined.

My beef goes further than that, but this post is getting way too long.

My questions about Heroes are -
1) Do the fight scenes improve in the 2nd and 3rd seasons? I realize that 1st season shows generally have a lower budget and cant really be as impressive as they'd like to be.

2) Do the rules of various powers become more defined? I can eventually overlook the vagueness of Hiro's power if others start to become more defined... But I guess I'll just see.

Ty for the explaination
Old 11-13-2007, 12:43 PM

I thought the episode was great.

As for Mama Petrelli, I kind of got the vibe that she was using her powers when she was talking to Nathan's wife. The way the camera was acting really made me think that. Perhaps she has a power similar to Eden's, though not as direct as hers was.

I think Bob is evil and he let Niki out to start the Plague. If not, then letting her out with no explanation at all just doesn't make any sense at all.

C-Dog
Old 11-13-2007, 12:54 PM

Before Hiros dad gets killed he says:
Off all off them i never expected it would be u

Shouldnt he expect it to be Adam? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 12:57 PM

Belok -

There's no 3rd season yet, we're only about 8 eps into Season 2.

No, nothing gets better.

You can stop now, really. Turn it off. Go watch the wire, or Deadwood, or even re-watch LOST (if you haven't already watched it).