Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2007, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Optimal Went to SD %?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
* First of all, there are more games than holdem.
* Second of all, there are more betting structures than no limit, for example limit, stuctured, and pot limit
* Third of all, there are different table-sizes... 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 and there will be varying degrees of fullness
8 Fourth, there are different stake levels - if you think the number should be the same for .01/.01 and 100/200, then you're wrong
* Fifth, there are varying opponent styles. Against passive opponents you will see the river more because they won't force you out. Against calling stations you will see it more because they won't fold. Against weak players you will see it less because they won't call
* Sixth, this number is totally dependent on VPIP since it's a fraction of the hands where you saw the first round of cards, and then went to showdown

There are probably more factors. Expecting this to just be some tidy number range is unrealistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, I meant to specify NLHE. Regardless, I get the point. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
This exchange has been quite amusing, thanks.

Actually, your win percentage at showdown might be an indicator of bluffing too much, not bluffing enough, folding too much, not betting enough, etc. Maybe you want to look into that.

I'm sure Rusty will point out the 84 factors you need to consider.