Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Help me choose a job out of undergrad

fwiw, upon quick glance i think the accenture job is the "best" job and i also think it will pay at least 60k plus 5k relocation bonus (don't most consulting jobs pay 60+signing/relocation+end of year bonus?). but if you don't like IT stuff you probably won't get the job and shouldn't take it anyway. so i guess take boa, i'd keep looking a little though assuming your boa offer isn't due until december (i think that's when those types of offers generally expire, right?).

i did a million interviews for various finance jobs if you have any other questions. i have one interview left in trading and my favorite offer so far is trading, so that's what i ended up deciding on.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: Help me choose a job out of undergrad

I would probably agree with you that the Accenture position is the "best" out of the three. I think I will get it because its more of a problem-solving requirement than an IT requirement, but once you get in they teach and guide you into the technology of it.

I am just worried about getting pigeon holed into the technology consulting industry and away from finance. Its not that I don't like tech, it does interest me, but I would like to be doing finance down the road.

The other problem with all of it is the BOA offer expires this Monday Nov. 19th. This is because if I don't take it they want to fill the spot with someone else to get exactly 3 into the office. Also, I don't have any opportunities in trading or anything similar that will be available to me anytime soon. No good companies are recruiting at my school anymore and I don't have any solid contacts really. But I could maybe move laterally in BOA into perhaps trading or something similar.