Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Re: a foray back into 30/60 limit, 2 overpairs in big pots

[ QUOTE ]
How does someone make the wrong decision for the right reason?

You asked for weighted avg's and not big pot etc for answers. Everyone expected to see something like QJs in hand one.

Isn't it the reality though that a significant part of limit holdem is avoiding catastrophic folds. Hand one would've been one. Hand two easy fold.

I'm surprised James, after playing as much NL as you have, you still consider making those big river laydowns in limit. NL has removed them from consideration for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't contribute anything at all to this thread besides reiterating what has already been said in a pretty rude way.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It seems obvious to me now that I should have called..as I have stated a few times already in this thread. I have not attempted to defend folding, I have simply tried to explain my reasoning and experience that lead me to make that mistake. I don't really appreciate your didactic tone as obviously I know things like 'you should avoid folds if the pot is so big that it is hard to wrap your mind around a range where a fold would be good.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I love cliches and I guess the old "You made your bed and now you have to lie in it" applies to me. Shots are now routinely taken at me as a matter of course. You gave me an unwarranted blast here James. Look at my post.

I looked up didactic. It says something along the lines of "Looking to instruct". That's funny.

I try hard to be brief and concise, like Clark does real well. Maybe the shortness conveyed rudeness and an instructive tone to you.

I wondered about the wrong/right decision statement out of simple curiousity. You perceived it as a squable type thing and were wrong. No big deal. It was just a simple question.

As for the hand, some referred to it and I think everyone felt pretty much exactly what I said - your AA is either good or lost to a QJs type of hand. I kept it short because it didn't seem like it was that deep. Is that disrespectful? I don't see it.

As for the last part about big laydowns, it was a simple honest question about your experience in NL and how it now translates to limit. You perceived it as a shot. You were wrong. No problem. I was just sharing how it's had an impact on me and wondered about you.

I've made myself an easy target here and don't get anywhere near the respect I deserve. That's okay. I'm a big boy and understand all that.

I'm not talking about you here when I say it's ironic though how the unwarranted shots I get are handled. Guys never own up when they're out of line with me. They're delusional by believing their stature here translates into them somehow being above that.

At least I've always taken responsibility when it's the case with me. I've been real dumb more than a few times, but I'm far from stupid.

GL James. Trust me when I say I know there's nothing I can be didactic and teach you about in poker. About life for sure. With poker here, I just try to contribute. Life is good.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:12 PM

SA, I wasn't trying to take a shot at you at all. I simply thought that's what you were doing in your post - simply reiterating what other people said in a way that IMO asn't as constructive. Wasn't anything personal, I just couldn't figure out what your motivation was. Anyway, no need for us to get in a silly internet fight about anything - looks like we were both simply being honest.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:16 PM

It's all good James. I've always respected you. No problem. GL.