Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Re: The 1984 Obama Ad

[ QUOTE ]
Giving the credit to Clinton seems pretty ridiculous to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't assign any blame, I merely offered the fact that it was the most fiscally conservative federal government in recent history.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Tax cuts are a total sham without budget cuts. Republicans cut taxes in the hopes that it will be the Democrats who get the blame when they inevitably get raised later. The whole issue is a sham issue generated by the Republicans for easy votes. Kinda like most "issues". [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that extra money in my pocket must be a figment of my imagination. Such a sham.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Tax cuts are a total sham without budget cuts. Republicans cut taxes in the hopes that it will be the Democrats who get the blame when they inevitably get raised later. The whole issue is a sham issue generated by the Republicans for easy votes. Kinda like most "issues". [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that extra money in my pocket must be a figment of my imagination. Such a sham.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the sham is that they cut the incomming money without cutting the outgoing spending.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the sham is that they cut the incomming money without cutting the outgoing spending.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they cut the incoming money? They got MORE money!!!!

I agree spending should be cut. But the Democrats will spend just as poorly as Republicans if they control all branches. I love Gridlock.
Old 03-23-2007, 05:52 PM

AlexM's right. That extra money in your pocket is Bush maxing out the country's credit card.

Here's an article from Wired about the Obama ad. Sounds like the creator got fired from his job.
http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,73069-0.html?tw=rss.index
Old 03-23-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Extra money in your pocket that's just going to be taken away from you in the future with interest. Yes, it's a sham and an illusion. You have to pay for it either way, and loans cost you more in the long run unless you invest very well. Even if you invest well or poorly, the difference in your money will be very, very minor. It's a sham issue.