Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: The 1984 Obama Ad

[ QUOTE ]
Whiskey,

What makes you think I watch FoxNews?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have an opinion either way - but both Fox and the MSM were two weeks behind - (I saw it today in Fox News - somewhere between links about Lindsay Lohan flashing her private parts and pundits proclaiming how all out civil war in Iraq may be a good thing) -

However, I made a distinction between the MSM and the Faux news network when listing the two together. They were both behind the curve.

Wanna know why the guy made the ad? - Gonna have to go to another left wing blog post -

Why I made the "Vote Different" ad

rb

PS - plausable deniability is neither plausable nor deniable.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whiskey,

What makes you think I watch FoxNews? You act like I'm a Republican or something just because I find left-wing hippies annoying. By the way, I didn't mean to imply you were a left-wing hippy or anything wrong with you, but the Daily Kos does have a large portion of its readers that would fit that description.

In any case, I guess I am two weeks behind the fringe blogosphere. I admit defeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

if one must be stuck with them for a period of time
left wing nut jobs > right wing nut jobs

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly. One wants to take my money. The other wants to tell me not to SIIHP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't kid yourself, they both want to take your money, the left winger is just more honest about it.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whiskey,

What makes you think I watch FoxNews? You act like I'm a Republican or something just because I find left-wing hippies annoying. By the way, I didn't mean to imply you were a left-wing hippy or anything wrong with you, but the Daily Kos does have a large portion of its readers that would fit that description.

In any case, I guess I am two weeks behind the fringe blogosphere. I admit defeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't kid yourself, they both want to take your money, the left winger is just more honest about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange, I remember a tax cut recently... Maybe I imagined it.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whiskey,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tax cuts are a total sham without budget cuts. Republicans cut taxes in the hopes that it will be the Democrats who get the blame when they inevitably get raised later. The whole issue is a sham issue generated by the Republicans for easy votes. Kinda like most "issues". [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whiskey,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tax cuts are a total sham without budget cuts. Republicans cut taxes in the hopes that it will be the Democrats who get the blame when they inevitably get raised later. The whole issue is a sham issue generated by the Republicans for easy votes. Kinda like most "issues". [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alex, I now have a man-crush on you. I live in Macon, let's make this happen.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whiskey,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember the repubs trying to trim budget dollars in the Clinton years. Not cutting the budget but growing it at a slower pace. Every dem in the country was running around screaming "draconian cuts" to pay for "tax cuts for the rich" blah blah blah. "Kids will be starving from not getting govt breakfast at school"....all this because the budget grows at 7% instead of 10%. then the govt shut downs happen and the polls say America blames the repubs......Now we are all screwed because both parties spend like crazy.....I SAY BRING ON THE DRACONIAN CUTS...AND THEN CUT SOME MORE.

At least the repubs tried back then....but the dems were successful with thier campaign of lies about the budget.

The funny thing is when they do cut taxes....revenue goes up...investment leads to jobs, which lead to more taxpayers, and so on. We do not live in a static economy where revenues raise along side tax rates. You would think the dems would be for more revenue going to the govt....I'm sure there are a thousand redundant programs they have in mind.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:27 AM

I didn't think the add was really all that good or inventive. It is actually stolen from an old Apple Mac add that ran during the Superbowl back in the 1980's. The people who created (STOLE) this add just put Clinton's face on the giant television screen instead of the old man who was representing "IBM" in the original.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember the repubs trying to trim budget dollars in the Clinton years. Not cutting the budget but growing it at a slower pace. Every dem in the country was running around screaming "draconian cuts" to pay for "tax cuts for the rich" blah blah blah. "Kids will be starving from not getting govt breakfast at school"....all this because the budget grows at 7% instead of 10%. then the govt shut downs happen and the polls say America blames the repubs......Now we are all screwed because both parties spend like crazy.....I SAY BRING ON THE DRACONIAN CUTS...AND THEN CUT SOME MORE.

At least the repubs tried back then....but the dems were successful with thier campaign of lies about the budget.

The funny thing is when they do cut taxes....revenue goes up...investment leads to jobs, which lead to more taxpayers, and so on. We do not live in a static economy where revenues raise along side tax rates. You would think the dems would be for more revenue going to the govt....I'm sure there are a thousand redundant programs they have in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This chart contradicts your claims. With only 4% growth the Clinton administration was dramatically better at limiting spending increases than any other in the last 40 years. What does that say about the "dems campaign of lies about the budget"?

The Clinton administration also grew revenue the most, despite raising the top tax rate. Bush's 7% revenue growth is the lowest in the last 40 years. Maybe lower tax rates sometimes result in less revenue?

With the combination of excellent revenue growth, minimal spending increases, and some accounting tricks, the federal budget made it to even for a year under Clinton. Then, "9/11 changed everything", by which I mean 9/11 instantly wiped out the stifling balanced budget requirements, with much rejoicing by all in Congress.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With only 4% growth the Clinton administration was dramatically better at limiting spending increases than any other in the last 40 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the first time the Republicans controlled the House in the last 40 years? Giving the credit to Clinton seems pretty ridiculous to me. The only time you should be giving an administration credit is when they control both houses. You know, like properly giving Bush credit for the @#$@ that went on from 2002-2006.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This chart contradicts your claims. With only 4% growth the Clinton administration was dramatically better at limiting spending increases than any other in the last 40 years. What does that say about the "dems campaign of lies about the budget"?

[/ QUOTE ]

The budget in the Clinton years had one big cost control...defense. Defense spending went down a great deal, we had won the cold war, and spending on defense was not needed as it was in the previous decades.

The campaign of lies I refer to is the talking points the dems used...I dont think I could watch any news program for months without seeing a dem saying "draconian cuts"....and there were no budget cuts!!!!!...virtually all programs were increased, with the exception of defense spending>