Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is Fucngr8t the biggest fish at Party 100/200 ?
Yes 20 21.74%
No 19 20.65%
There are others worse 53 57.61%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Ftp stole my money

[ QUOTE ]
So they are basically a waste of time? So who can players turn to if they feel they have been treated unfairly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody really, unfortunately. That's why I give scumbags a ton of benefit of the doubt, because if we don't then nobody will. I imagine if he complains to KGC, they'll ask FTP whats up. FTP will explain the situation without having to document anything, and they'll say sorry they can't do anything. And that whole process would take forever.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These guys aren't going to do anything effectual. It's not an avenue worth pursuing right now. If they do anything, it will be slowwwwww.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious why you say this. Is there a better avenue he could be pursuing (since complaining on 2+2 certainly isn't going to get his money back)?

For $14k, I'd be willing to be a little patient.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:25 PM

Obviously FTPDoug has decided (or has been told) not to post in this thread anymore.

Considering the level of concern that many 2+2'ers still have that this really hasn't been resolved I'm less than thrilled.

Seems unfair to compare to Stars but I'm going to do so anyway:
If something like this were about Stars I really wouldn't expect them to just disappear entirely after giving just a few details when so many still have so many Q's and clearly think the issue is not resolved.

Even if they aren't going to share the HH's I think a little further explanation is in order beyond, "We're working on getting better."

Then again, if this were on Stars this would not have taken nearly so long to be investigated in the first place and it wouldn't take days at a time between e-mails about it either.

They can act like it's a big deal to look into cases like this with their limited man-power all they like.
But the fact is, this guy has $14k being tied-up.
And FTP is making HOW much money from the thousands and thousands of players on their site?

Seems they are a little bit unwilling to have enough fraud-support people there to actually RESPOND to a customer maybe within an hour or so because doing that would require actually spending more money on personnel.

Not being able to answer them competently and quickly is nothing more than cutting-corners for the sake of greater profit.

And it all feels somewhat shady/slimy to me.

Note - I actually like FT somewhat...partly due to Doug's participation on 2+2.
But I believe they really need to improve in this area. And quickly.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya your so right, you should go seek employment at the Ftp fraud team cause you like to accuse people without having any proof just like them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, lets see. You come here and tell us a story leaving out important details all the way. You refuse to answer lots of questions. You lie about what games you played and won the money in.

A rep from a big company that has lots to lose by looking bad in this forum tells us that you were chip-dumped to BY SEVEN FRAUDULENT ACCOUNTS in one session. You have no posting history, so I have no basis to alot you any credibility. Who did you think people would believe?

Then, you create another account (when you know its against the rules) and have a cc fraudster dump 8k to you playing heads up. You also open another account on 2+2 to post in this thread in your defense.

I've played over 2M hands of online poker and have had ONE instance where i was involved in a hand with ONE player commiting cc fraud. You just happen to accidently play with 7 in one session and win from them? Then you open a new account and happen to sit down with someone who stole money and beat him for a huge number while only depostion $600?

On the subject of posting your hands, it's pointless. Any scammer with an IQ of 10 would use a hand that makes it semi-plausable that you won the chips on the square. I don't need to see the hands. I trust what FTP decides is theft over the alternative, which is trusting someone who has lied and refused to tell the whole story along the way. EZ call.

If you think FTP would just make up the fact that you are a scammer to keep 14k, then you might be the dumbest troll we've had here yet.

Ya, what was I thinking. Of course you're innocent.

Tuco.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:28 PM

If they are not making [censored] up and have nothing to hide. Why don't they post hand historys proving 7 unknown people who were cc frauders dumped to my account huh? If you beleive everything a poker site tells you, your a fool. They are in this business for 1 thing and 1 thing only and that is money. If they see a opportunity to steal your money or mine whats going to stop them? Me crying on this board? Obviouly they have proven not to give a [censored].
Old 11-30-2006, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously FTPDoug has decided (or has been told) not to post in this thread anymore.

Considering the level of concern that many 2+2'ers still have that this really hasn't been resolved I'm less than thrilled.

Seems unfair to compare to Stars but I'm going to do so anyway:
If something like this were about Stars I really wouldn't expect them to just disappear entirely after giving just a few details when so many still have so many Q's and clearly think the issue is not resolved.

Even if they aren't going to share the HH's I think a little further explanation is in order beyond, "We're working on getting better."

Then again, if this were on Stars this would not have taken nearly so long to be investigated in the first place and it wouldn't take days at a time between e-mails about it either.

They can act like it's a big deal to look into cases like this with their limited man-power all they like.
But the fact is, this guy has $14k being tied-up.
And FTP is making HOW much money from the thousands and thousands of players on their site?

Seems they are a little bit unwilling to have enough fraud-support people there to actually RESPOND to a customer maybe within an hour or so because doing that would require actually spending more money on personnel.

Not being able to answer them competently and quickly is nothing more than cutting-corners for the sake of greater profit.

And it all feels somewhat shady/slimy to me.

Note - I actually like FT somewhat...partly due to Doug's participation on 2+2.
But I believe they really need to improve in this area. And quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more with all of this. Sadly I don't think our opinions on this issue matter too much to FTP anymore. They seem to have washed their hands of it.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:32 PM

Yes it took them a long time. They have addressed that. I agree that they have to get better with customer service. Quickly.

As far as the Stars analogy goes, this entire case would have turned out the same, except quicker. No site would post the hands.

Tuco.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the same thing.

There have been a few things slowly chipping away at my confidence in FTP, but I don't really think they are too concerned with a few good high stakes players who pull money from their site anyway...

(I say high stakes because those with large rolls online have a bit to be concerned about.)

It is always possible FTPDoug is just busy, he has certainly been forthright with us enough to give him the benefit of the doubt.

But if he comes on here in a few days as if nothing is going on, which I doubt, it is highly likely he will get at least little bit of the Grimmstar routine.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These guys aren't going to do anything effectual. It's not an avenue worth pursuing right now. If they do anything, it will be slowwwwww.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious why you say this. Is there a better avenue he could be pursuing (since complaining on 2+2 certainly isn't going to get his money back)?

For $14k, I'd be willing to be a little patient.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just been around online gambling for 7 years, and have never once heard a story of the KGC taking care of something for someone.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:33 PM

This new thread might turn out to be interesting.

Another "Full Tilt Ate My Hamster" post
Closed Thread