Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: I made video of me playing 2/4 and 3/6

ddubois,

I could help you out a ton with 4 hours of coaching.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ddubois,

I could help you out a ton with 4 hours of coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol he wants your soul!
Old 10-13-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've only watched the first 5 mins so far and i'm not going to give much comment on the play because everybody has been pretty spot on so far in that regard.

however, hyper simple mode ftw. i dont know how anybody plays with the default stars layout. hyper simple, avatars off, animation off, chat off completly, get rid of all your hud stats apart from vpip/pfr and MAYBE 1 or 2 other major ones. everything else you can instantly get on the pop up IF you need them.
99% of the time you dont need all those stats on your screen.

also, playing multiple sites and multple limits, if you are used to it fine but if you're running bad just keep it as simple as possible. play only 2/4 or 3/6. play only 1 site. sometimes you can miss a lot of the flow and texture of a game if you're constantly having to actively think about standard default things like open raise sizing.

anyway, i'm not going to give suggestions on your play until i watch the rest of the vid but seriously, you could make your life a lot easier if you clean your layout up a bit.

oh and wtf is up with straate shortstacking 2/4?? lol, when was this video made??!

EDIT: just noticed as well you dont even have bet amounts turned on in the options so you have to hover your mouse over to get the amount. turn it on. its pointless wasting thinking time on trying to figure out how much someone bet when you can see that info for free right away. i know these things seem irrelevant but anything you can do to make your life easier and give you an edge no matter how small or seemingly trivial in the post UIGEA world, you should take advantage of.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha i was high shortstacking 2/4 messing around
Old 10-13-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you dont even have bet amounts turned on in the options so you have to hover your mouse over to get

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, thanks, I didn't know about this option.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you dont even have bet amounts turned on in the options so you have to hover your mouse over to get

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, thanks, I didn't know about this option.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's actually a hand near the end of your vid where you're not sure how much he bets and you have action on other tables and just kind of give up without fully analysing the situation. little things like this all add up over time. you have now just gained a .00001% edge. inch by inch my friend. glad to be of assistance [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

with regards to your actual play, you do have a quite a few leaks. the problem is that they are mostly small leaks, hard to spot, but fixing them will turn you into a VERY tough player. without getting too in depth you are spewing a fair bit from the blinds. tighten up there and loosen up by playing more hands from the button/co. if you check PT the button should be BY FAR your biggest winning position. start with that, ditch cold calling with suited aces and junk like 35s (forget "pot odds" - being oop in a muti way pot even when you flop 2 pair + is rarely making enough money to justify playing the hand).

yeah, its a bunch of small things, that when fixed will revitalise your game. i agree with the coaching recomendations. it will be money well spent. gl.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i've only watched the first 5 mins so far and i'm not going to give much comment on the play because everybody has been pretty spot on so far in that regard.

however, hyper simple mode ftw. i dont know how anybody plays with the default stars layout. hyper simple, avatars off, animation off, chat off completly, get rid of all your hud stats apart from vpip/pfr and MAYBE 1 or 2 other major ones. everything else you can instantly get on the pop up IF you need them.
99% of the time you dont need all those stats on your screen.

also, playing multiple sites and multple limits, if you are used to it fine but if you're running bad just keep it as simple as possible. play only 2/4 or 3/6. play only 1 site. sometimes you can miss a lot of the flow and texture of a game if you're constantly having to actively think about standard default things like open raise sizing.

anyway, i'm not going to give suggestions on your play until i watch the rest of the vid but seriously, you could make your life a lot easier if you clean your layout up a bit.

oh and wtf is up with straate shortstacking 2/4?? lol, when was this video made??!

EDIT: just noticed as well you dont even have bet amounts turned on in the options so you have to hover your mouse over to get the amount. turn it on. its pointless wasting thinking time on trying to figure out how much someone bet when you can see that info for free right away. i know these things seem irrelevant but anything you can do to make your life easier and give you an edge no matter how small or seemingly trivial in the post UIGEA world, you should take advantage of.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha i was high shortstacking 2/4 messing around

[/ QUOTE ]

heh heh, was pretty sure you hadn't crossed over to the dark side. just funny to see it that's all. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your bet sizing needs work. Specifically, I think you bet too much when you are bet/folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised to hear you say this. I wonder if this video is really representative. Because I know I mix up my c-bet sizes, and the tendency is definitely to bet less when I'm weak and more when I'm strong. I'm worried about being exploitable if I made it too obvious, so I try to balance it a little bit. Also, I vary based on dryness/wetness of the board, and how much respect I think a bigger bet will get. Sometimes I'll bet big on a scary board with a truly hopeless hand, because I think the bigger bet will look like I'm jamming the nuts and get them off a marginal pair or a marginal club. My logic is that it's cheaper than a second barrel, which I incidentally almost never do anymore. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all correct reasoning in theory, but in practice bet sizing refers to using the right size bets to get the most out of your specific opponent. I used to make the same kind of thinking as you are doing. It doesn't matter whether you vary your c-bets or not. What matters is how your specific opponent is reacting to the c-bets. Same goes for value bets. Some people call huge bets especially on dangerous boards with out nuts, because they just can't fold their two pair when a flush, straight and full house possibility staring at them. Similarly, some people fold their middle pair for a simple 2/3 pot size bet, if you represented a top pair or some thing intelligently.

Think what they are thinking about your bet sizes and you will be fine.

P.S. I haven't watched the video
Old 10-15-2007, 03:41 AM

please go get coaching. I don't think you can beat 1/2 right now. Either your confidence is down and you are playing bad or you were just playing bad the whole time and playing bad. I would ask like a friend to sweat or something because you need help.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:41 AM

JJ where you overcall UTG raise and MP call on button made me cringe, no good, this is such an obvious raise/squeeze situation. When BB squeezes (as he should) you have to fold, his bet is big enough to deny you set value (if I can read correctly)

A2s hand at 39 min is gross, fold preflop, fold after flop, fold river. Don't play suited aces OOP to a raise. Don't lead with a flushdraw on a paired board into 3 opponents not even knowing if your good when you hit your flush.

Other than that I don't think you have any major leaks, run better next time.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:52 AM

you have so many small leaks like calling a BTN(30bb) raise from the blinds w/ 33 and c/f'ing the flop when u miss.

seriously just get a coach...it will be well worth it.