Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Latest Stars Update Trouble

My client is going crazy since today's update. I can't login, minimize the lobby (it minimizes but pops back up), or work on anything else i.e. navigate the internet while the client is open. It's like the cursor won't stay in one place.

Wth just happened?

Anyone else getting this?

Any suggestions?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Latest Stars Update Trouble

[ QUOTE ]
My client is going crazy since today's update. I can't login, minimize the lobby (it minimizes but pops back up), or work on anything else i.e. navigate the internet while the client is open. It's like the cursor won't stay in one place.

Wth just happened?

Anyone else getting this?

Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not having the problems you are, but it did whack out StarsRead.ahk. Fortunately, whenever i see "Software upgrade available", I cancel the logon and immediately to a quick backup of the current software... thank gawd..

I reinstalled the old one till I can figure it out, or rather "dave" figures out what changed. If you back it up, you have to then open Pstars with the pstars.exe file rather than the update.exe file, or it keeps trying to update.

I know this is too late, probably, to help you. But in the future it might save you. If you've done a back up recently, you can reinstall the backup. You might lose some player's notes, but that's a small price to pay from what you're having problems with.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have either of my two scripts StarsPlanner or StarsAutoReload running, close them and update to the most recent (fixed) versions.

Stars latest update does not play well with the older versions of these two scripts.

If you are not running old versions of these scripts, I have no idea what is going on... please list *everything* running on your computer when Stars behaves like this.

dave.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the exact same problem with the client lobby constantly stealing focus. It also wouldn't register clicks on the "x" to close it so I killed the process from task manager and rebooted my PC.

That got rid of the focus problem but the client is still very sluggish, going to play elsewhere tonight and hope they put out a new update soon.

Edit: I had the StarsAutoReload script loaded and didn't after rebooting, so that certainly could have been the problem.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:08 PM

Are you not running any AHK scripts?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:06 PM

My client is VERY sluggish at responding to clicks. I have no scripts running. I am annoyed.

It's totally unplayable. 10+ seconds to respond to a click.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:24 AM

Obviously PokerStars' programmers are having more "Control" issues. They have now modified the software so that the Play Money and Tournament logos can no longer be edited, even on custom themes.

You'll also notice that the PokerStars logo's in the middle of the stock themes is now a separate image from the table.

This latest update appears to be a bit unstable also, as the chat baox does some really wierd poop when you resize tables.

Just when you think they have the software right where it needs to be, some idiot has to [censored] it up.

Someone there needs to be fired. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Just goes back to my old saying "If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is"!
Old 10-12-2007, 02:25 AM

PokerOffice no longer recognizes that a table is open so there is no way to get livetracker working. Is anyone else experiencing this with the latest update?

Also the chat window shows wierd dealer chat like "ace high" when you win with a pair, and stuff like that. Just wondering if anyone else has these problems before I complain to pstars.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:00 AM

yes pokeroffice doesn't work now.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:39 AM

The SnG AHK script doesn't seem to work properly (the preflop raise to 2.5xbb).