Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 11:20 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/26 - 500k buyin pt 4 - Spoilers all o

anyone see gold pull a stack full of benjamins out of his pocket and started betting. "i'll bet whatever it's in my hand." sounds cool right? turns out it's only $2k, 1/5 the pot. stone cold bluffing $2k into a $10k pot and snap call by benyamin w/ ducks. a decent size bluff probably would of forced benyamin off his bottom pr but nope, jamie had to go for the "i'll bet whatever in my hand" trick. you can actually see the agony in gold's face when he found out the bet was only $2k. LOLLERCOSTER
Old 11-27-2007, 11:23 AM

I disagree with the above analysis about the straight flush hand, not because it isn't right but because it wasn't right for this particular instance. David knew Sammy hit the 2, he did a great job selling it and in my opinion he made the wrong decision. Only because he knew Sammy had a set. I think the river action would have been interesting if David calls on the turn because he had Sammy so confident.

BTW, this is the second decent laydown Sammy has made (not that they weren't obvious) but it does seem that when the stakes are higher he plays better.

I can't imagine this show is watchable without Tivo or DVR, I watch it with my wife and we must pause it 20 times.

Also, Gabe is so good. Really keeps the show flowing. I don't hate AJ and if you understand why he is there it makes sense. Overall it is a shame that we are subjected to PAD when HSP is so infinitely good.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:36 AM

I like Benyamine. Interesting table talk, very good at playing his opponents, likable guy.

Gold on the other hand just seemed to hit rock bottom when he started losing. Bad table talk, terrible play, time for him to get on his bike and out televised poker.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:38 AM

Guy has not made a move the entire session and has won like every pot as well as showed down some big hands. I'm very suprised Doyle called (what hand did he put Guy on?). I don't think Guy is a good player but I think it was a good spot to pull a big bluff off.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anything more awkward than watching gold break the stacks of cash and count out hundreds?

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps watching Jamie beg DB not to put him all in on the turn? Come on David, I'm not leaving for another 10 minutes, don't put me all in, waaaaaaaaaaaah!!

That schtick only works once, buddy.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:54 AM

I have talked to a few guys that have played with Guy and while he is a fish his moves don't make sense. His knowledge of the game is almost non existent. Here is an example, I think Townsend likely already blogged about it, if he didn't should have.

Guy raises the button with AA and Brian re-raises with QQ, stakes are huge. Guy flat calls, which is OK if you are trying to be deceptive so that is a point of contention. Either way the flop brings an Ace, Brian bets and Guy calls with a set. The turn brings a Q and Brian pushes and Guy insta calls.

From what I heard this was a very scary hand for all involved because it pointed out that Guy is very difficult to understand because he doesn't have any idea what he is doing.

I thought that was likely the most interesting hand I have heard about in a long time and I don't recall reading about it on Townsend's blog.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there anything more awkward than watching gold break the stacks of cash and count out hundreds?

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps watching Jamie beg DB not to put him all in on the turn? Come on David, I'm not leaving for another 10 minutes, don't put me all in, waaaaaaaaaaaah!!

That schtick only works once, buddy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, every week I sit here and think, Jamie isn't all that bad of a player. Man when he goes on tilt it is ugly, I felt dirty watching him peel off hundreds in another weak attempt at bluffing.

Thing about it is, the people that beat Jamie aren't going to look like heroes, with a player like Jamie you have to wait for a hand and give him the rope.

The whining was a bit much but as pokers "bad guy", this show did nothing to change anyone's opinion on that one.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine this show is watchable without Tivo or DVR, I watch it with my wife and we must pause it 20 times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's a tip that will change your life:

Record the show. Start watching 15 minutes in. Fast-forward through commercials.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:09 PM

Gold seeing Doyle's hand vs Guy was funny
"He's got outs....oh"
Old 11-27-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's a tip that will change your life:

Record the show. Start watching 15 minutes in. Fast-forward through commercials.

[/ QUOTE ]QFT! Only way to watch it, IMO.