Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 09:57 PM

Default 50NL 6 Max Video FTP

I made a 50NL 6 Max video on FTP for critiques. I'm pretty sure I was mentioned a few months back in the bad regs thread in uNL, so I got coached a bit and I play MUCH better than I used to. After doing well at 25NL, I'm back at 50NL ready to take down some moniez.

I want to play a LAG style, but not too out of hand HAG or anything. I'd love to here some critiques of my play, all I want to do is get better.

I apologize for the quality of the video. It's my 1st time ever making a video using Camasita (sp?) and I don't have the hang of it quite yet. I didn't make the width/height big enough, but you can still follow whats going on, and see the cards.

PS: I'll prolly get comments on my age because of my voice. I turn 15 in 4 months. Thanks to everyone for taking time to watch the video, I really appreciate it.

Oh, and here's the link...it's a .wmv which seems to be the popular choice for making videos.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IQS84ZHT
Old 11-24-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: 50NL 6 Max Video FTP

I'll try to dl this tomorrow.

Oh, and keep working hard at your game.

You could be playing MSNL or something by the time you graduate.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:04 PM

i'm about 25 minutes in, you seem to play pretty solid.

i fold A7o utg and tend to run pretty loose. i start opening AJo. a bunch of people open ATo. i think most people fold A9o and worse.

at 23:40, you raise ATo from the button, a guy calls from the blinds, and the flop is 234, two spades. you cbet, he check-raises, and you shove with the reasoning that he has air like 90% of the time. this is pretty terrible in my opinion. he can have 22, 33, 44, 65, 43, 54, A5, etc., and none of these are going away. i don't see much reason not to credit him here without some kind of read and i think it's an easy fold.

i think you should get hud working. and the quality is fuzzy so it's tough to see what's going on sometimes.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:09 PM

I don't think he ever calls raises with 43, 54, A5 or anything like that. He's pretty solid (afaik) and those would be super spewy calls preflop. I'm not even sure if he calls my raise with 22-44 either. I think he has spades there a huge amount of time, the only thing I'm worried about is like AJs or something like that.

I do need to work on my UTG opens etc, I'll try the ATo and below open. Thanks for checking out the video.

If anyone can send me their PAHUD setup, that'd be great. Save it as a file, and IM me at Brandon B 2413 (AIM) and send it to me. Thanks e1.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:11 PM

I do realize that the quality of the video isn't quite on par. I realize it's fuzzy etc, but just try to bare with me for this time around. Next time it'll be clear, I'm just a newbie at making videos etc.

Is the audio ok? I don't have a mic, I use my laptop microphone (built in). I have a 22" dell monitor hooked up to it, and I play poker on that. I run AIM and all that good stuff on my laptop monitor. It's a pretty nice setup and I like it a lot. I bought a mouse, mousepad, monitor, and keyboard from my cashout.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:14 PM

audio's fine for me. could be a little louder, but nothing that can't be fixed by turning up the volume.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:15 PM

Ok, cool. Thanks for watching it again. Do you have PAHUD? Would you mind PM'ing me your AIM, MSN, or Yahoo IM sn?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:19 PM

i am tannenj1 on aim. i have pah, but i don't think you want my setup. i don't see why you don't just go into layout manager and move the table aggregate stats away from the area in which bets get typed in.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:28 PM

k fixed. hopefully I have no problem with stats popping up by players names.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:14 AM

You got MSN? PM me it