Default 50NL TP2K w/ gutshot facing min-raise from 18/15/4 reg

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 PL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $89.85
CO: $21.90
BTN: $78.40
SB: $30.90
BB: $42.50

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (UTG)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $1.75, SB folds, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $11</font>, BB calls $11, Hero calls $5.50

Turn: ($38.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $27.50</font>, BTN calls $27.50, BB folds

River: ($93.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $38.15 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $38.15

villain was an 18/15/4 aggro reg. Comments throughout appreciated. I felt shoving the river would only get called by better hands, so I checked to allow bluffs since he was quite agg.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Re: 50NL TP2K w/ gutshot facing min-raise from 18/15/4 reg

That river card sure does suck, but your play in the hand seems fine to me.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That river card sure does suck, but your play in the hand seems fine to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks nick, comments on leading the turn? What about crying call on the river for 80% of a buy-in? This hand was discussed w/ a friend of mine who berated my river call.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:11 AM

Results : Villain shows Qd Td for the house.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:30 AM

flop is a fold. not being results-oriented.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like seeing one line answers from people with 3k+ posts. Atleast I know where they got their posts from. Please explain further why this is a fold with TP2K vs someone with 4 agg. I'd like to learn why it is so clear.

IMO, I think we can see alot of combinations of hands that we are currently ahead of that he can play this way. It's a drawy board like hell so his hand range is wide. One thing I don't like upon the drawing board is our position. We have to play the hand OOP and there are alot of scarecards out there. Against some players I like to call and evaluate on the turn. I think this is one of those spots where I like that. Im not 100% sure which is better but his AGG number makes me go hmm but on the other side we are deep and I dont want to play that big of a pot with this hand on this board those times we are behind.

Meh, I fold aswell. I take back about me liking to call and evaluate on turn. Just letting it be up there so you guys can see my thoughtprocess and comment on it if you like!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:09 PM

Wow, nobody's even mentioned that BB cold calls the button's raise?? That seems critical to me, and I want to know something about BB. Sure, he folded LATER, but right there I have to say I'd be really worried.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like seeing one line answers from people with 3k+ posts. Atleast I know where they got their posts from. Please explain further why this is a fold with TP2K vs someone with 4 agg. I'd like to learn why it is so clear.

IMO, I think we can see alot of combinations of hands that we are currently ahead of that he can play this way. It's a drawy board like hell so his hand range is wide. One thing I don't like upon the drawing board is our position. We have to play the hand OOP and there are alot of scarecards out there. Against some players I like to call and evaluate on the turn. I think this is one of those spots where I like that. Im not 100% sure which is better but his AGG number makes me go hmm but on the other side we are deep and I dont want to play that big of a pot with this hand on this board those times we are behind.

Meh, I fold aswell. I take back about me liking to call and evaluate on turn. Just letting it be up there so you guys can see my thoughtprocess and comment on it if you like!

[/ QUOTE ]

Look one liners from guys with 3k+ posts isn't bad. Most of us have played a lot of hands+post a lot. So our advice is normally based on what we see ingame. I agree here that this flop is probably a fold with that many people in against a regular who is that tight.

There's not much more reasoning to it than your behind his range. I know this because I'm not comfortable with the turn bet either, and I know your beaten on the river. I just don't see many weaker hands in his range than our current hand.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:32 PM

this flop is a fold because we are oop facing a min raise and a cold call. the pot will be stupid bloated and we really have no clue where we are in the hand on like the nastiest board ever...
Old 11-26-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like seeing one line answers from people with 3k+ posts. Atleast I know where they got their posts from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know if you wanna be a dick then the people who know a ton more about this game than you will choose not to help you. Flop is a fold because of the exact reason how this hand played out. Even if hit you trips you still dont know where you are and more than likely youre drawing to your gs on the flop.