Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-01-2007, 08:18 AM

Default FTP Answers 11/1

For reference, previous answers thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...umber=12645385

1. When is the next update going to happen?

- Now!

And here are the highlights:

a) Player to Player Transfer confirmation. Now you get a confirmation popup when you initiate a p2p transfer. It includes a couple pieces of additional info about the player you're transferring to so you can be sure you're transferring to the correct player.

b) Bring Lobby to Front option. You can uncheck this in the Options menu and the main lobby will no longer pop up when you close a ring game table, close a tournament lobby, or click a wait list popup.

c) Animation option. This option has been tweaked to allow a Reduced animation setting in addition to the Normal and Off settings. This doesn't sound like much, but if you've been having performance issues, try one of the lower two settings and you might see a nice improvement. The new "Off" setting should actually be a good improvement over the old "Off" setting, so give it another shot if it didn't do much for you before today.

d) Hide full tables. Now you can uncheck the "Show Full Tables" option (found in the lower right corner of the main lobby when you're in a ring game lobby) and all the full tables will disappear from the list. Not quite custom filters, but it should help unclutter the lobby a bit if you aren't interested in waiting lists.

e) Automated Pro Bounties. Now you'll get paid right away for busting, uh, let's say Karina Jett in that $24+$2 Razz tournament. Not a big deal, but automating things is good. And it brought with it...

f) Knockout Tournaments. You call them bounty or scalp tournaments, we call them Knockouts. Every player in the field has a bounty on their head, knock them out and collect it. Look for a few of these to pop up over the next few days (they have a "K" next to them in the tournament lobby). Let us know what you think and if there are any particular times and buy-in amounts you'd like to see on our schedule.

g) Other minor tweaks. You should hopefully notice less time staring at the "shuffling cards" graphic when starting up the game, which also means if you get disconnected you should reconnect faster. The small price to pay for this is a slightly longer time to load the tournament and sng lobbies. There are a couple of other minor tweaks to the tournament lobby and custom filter for tournaments and sngs, but find them yourselves, slackers.

Also, we're having a couple issues with some satellites at the moment and are in the process of re-creating them. Everything should be up and back to normal with them in a few hours.

As usual, give any feedback on these changes in this thread and I'll address them.

2. if it isn't too much trouble can you put the stack sizes in the first HH of a sng? I dont know if this is just a problem with husngs or not, but not having the stack sizes in there messes up some programs.

- This is one of two long standing hand history bugs (the other being the last hand on a tournament table before it's broken) that are finally getting fixed in the next update, scheduled for sometime before the end of the year.

3. Doug, what about shipping the plasmas in the store to Canada?

- I asked the store folks and they said they should have a shipping solution in place for this by mid to late November.

4. Any chance of adding buy-ins to live tourneys to the store?

- Not likely any time soon, sorry.

5. Ok I shot support an email and they said they have upped my limit of tables up to 16 but I can still only load 12. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe this is just for cash games? Anyone able to 16 table SNGs?

- I think you figured it out yourself, but you need to ask for your SNG limit to be increased to 16 as well. The system treats them differently. Also, get those requests in now for your SNG increases, we're launching a promotion tomorrow where you'll want to be able to play as many at once as possible!

6. What about what happended the other night (sunday) when the server crashed for American players?

- Just to clarify. The server didn't crash. In fact (and I'm sure I'm jinxing myself here), all the stability work that's been going on behind the scenes seems to be paying off. We haven't had an actual server crash in quite a long time. The last two incidents (the one two Sundays ago and the one on Tuesday night) were caused by a large ISP in the US having problems, and had nothing to do with our servers or connection.

I'm not in support (he cried again) but I do know our policy is that when things like that happen which aren't our fault we do not reimburse tournament entries. If you have further questions or concerns about the specifics of your case, please write to support and they should be able to give you more answers. I do know that if that sort of thing happens again, players *should* be able to reconnect faster now, thus minimizing the inturruption.

7. Any plans on adding a Customer Service Number?

- No short term plans. The CS group has lots of good long term goals, though, phone numbers and live chat included.

8. Back during the WSOP Fantasy Poker I won two free hats for being in the top 50 in two events. I still have not received my hats and it has been several months now. Have they been shipped?

- I think someone pointed out that we gave out FTPs that would allow you to buy a hat through the store instead of sending out hats directly. If you send me a PM with your player name I can look up if and when you got paid those points.

9. Put an auto muck hand option on the table itself - rather than in the lobby.

- We've thought about that before, but couldn't come up with a good spot for it. The table itself is pretty crowded as it is. Do you have any thoughts as to where exactly it would go? Maybe we can just add it to the Options pop up in the top right corner?

10. If this is the case, please reconsider adding higher buyin 45 player regular SNG's instead. The old $22 90 player DS SNG's were not very popular; making them $26 isnt going to change much.

- Consider it reconsidered.

11. Make the text part of the hand history window taller so that you don't have to scroll it.

- I've got a number of good hand history window improvements on my list, including making the history chat detachable so you can make it as tall as you want. Nothing hand history window related will make an update until 2008, though.

12. Also, does anyone know when the one a day $2000 freeroll is, or how to opt out of it?

- An email should go out shortly to everyone who qualified for the 1 a day freeroll. Basically, you find the tournament in the tournament lobby, click on register, and you're taken to a web page where you can sign up (as long as you qualified). If you'd rather get the medals, all you have to do is... nothing. The bonus medals will be paid out within a few days of the tournament running to anyone who qualified but didn't play.

Doug
Old 11-01-2007, 08:25 AM

Default Re: FTP Answers 11/1

Thanks. Nothing more annoying than the lobby popping up after closing a SNG, especially when you have 8 more running.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:25 AM

thank you for the updates doug and i'm sure for other multi tablers that bring table to front option is appreciated
Old 11-01-2007, 08:29 AM

Thanks for everything Doug! I don't care what anyone says about FTP support, you're great. It's nice that you listen to what the people that play a lot on your site want to see added (and actually listen, instead of sending out a pre-typed e-mail).

Thank God the lobby issue is fixed, can't wait to try it out!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:29 AM

The lag is so much better thanks Doug [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 08:30 AM

SUNDAY [censored] WARM UP!

DAILY 50r or 100r (during primetime).

MORE 6MAX TOURNAMENTS!!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 09:14 AM

FT has recently added ELV for their German customers so they can deposit money right from their bank account. Are there any plans to add a way to transfer the money back into the bank account?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
woohoo for lobby fix!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2007, 09:31 AM

i can't see any running or completed tornys.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:36 AM

There's an option to Show Running and Completed tournaments in the bottom right of the tournament lobby. Is that unchecked?