Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-24-2007, 05:45 AM

Default Weird top two spot 25/50

This hand was occured within the first 10 minutes of sitting down. I have rose and took down a couple blinds but I havent seen a flop/ played a pot yet. Any advice on any street is much appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker, $25/$50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: $10,231.80
SB: $4,779
BB: $4,597
UTG: $11,677
MP: $1,000
Hero (CO): $4,850

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $150</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $575</font>, 2 folds, BB calls $525, UTG calls $425

Flop: ($1,750) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1,750) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($1,750) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1,400</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $1,400

Results: $4,550 Pot ($3 Rake)
BB showed T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Tens) and LOST (-$1,975 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Kings) and WON $4,547 (+$2,572 NET)

UTG and BB both winning regs. I figured that any street I bet I will only be looked up by JJ from the bb or utg, or possibly kk from the bb; and TT and QQ will pass. This hand may be very standard, I just felt unsure if I am missing some value here. Does anyone like a raise on the river here?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Weird top two spot 25/50

meh you flopped the nuts just let them decide what crap they want to look you up/bluff with
Old 11-24-2007, 06:04 AM

great hand if you want to prove to your opponents you are a slowplaying machine
Old 11-24-2007, 03:59 PM

You have "rose" and took down a couple blinds?
Old 11-24-2007, 04:04 PM

You realize only JJ is beating you right?
Old 11-24-2007, 04:12 PM

Terrible play on Flop, turn and river. When were you going to put money into the pot, when you were behind? You were in position and did not have a clue where you were in the hand at any point. You left beaucoup $$ on the table.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:54 PM

Obv feeling confident about your hand on the flop why not pause and c-bet flop...hoping to be floated or even repopped there.

IMO your check screams strength..2 pair or better hoping to get it AI. Also the villain made a bad river stab... only getting a call from a better hand right? What is he hoping you have; 88, 99? Considering this is a bad stab by him then surely you should lead flop to extract value from good players who would not donate on river like this, no?

If you c-bet flop u may get either repopped or floated, then u can check turn as if u are semi weak (weak Ace, KQ, JT maybe?) hopefully giving the impression that you've accepted your one barrel did not take the pot down there and then...this may induce a stab from opponnents on the turn and / or river in the 2/3 - 3/4 pot range. NB: You can flat call their bets, maintaining pot control and still maximising value right?

Checking flop they are getting free cards to draw to the nuts with hands they might pay to draw with. Why not build pot on flop (also building a larger more steal worthy pot which you are happy to get all in on)... You are likely to get callers with pairs + draws or even get it all in on flop against a combo hand. leading flop and getting folds all around probably means they had nothing to call so you weren't getting any more value anyway.

If you had been 99, TT, QQ in this scenario are you just check folding or would u c-bet stab? (though perhaps you would not have repopped pre I guess).

Seeing you check this down essentially would invite me on future hands to repop your c-bets and lead into you on turns more often as I now have the image of you trapping big hands but leading marginal ones and draws.

Thoughts?

CTS how would you have played the hand and what would you hope / expect from your opponents? Do you want to get all in on flop if possible?
Old 11-24-2007, 05:06 PM

I agree with all analysis... best would have probably been to bet the flop and let them play back at me. Otherwise the only value in the hand would come from what ended up happening.. one of the two other players puts me on a 1010 qq type hand that gave up the hand and they decide to bluff it.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:37 PM

Agreed. Though if you c-bet flop and check turn giving the impression of giving up with TT, QQ the pot will be bigger on the river and so will their stab therefore added value extraction... by leading flop then checking turn when added draws appear it could signal weak drawing hand to them thus making a river blank stab look like a reasonable option for them in the now nicely inflated pot.

Another nice line you could take would be to check the flop and c-bet the turn giving the same impression that you have QQ, TT and think you can now take it down seeing as noone else protected and Ace on the flop... hopefully this will lead to being repopped with them now trying to represent the hand you actually have. You may even get the TT committed and stack him!

Taking this line could also be useful for getting free cards later on in a similar scenario though where you actually have a drawing hand like AT, AQ, JT.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:38 PM

agh my head jesus christ too many words for what should be ezzzz flop bet