Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2007, 03:29 AM

Default Re: 4 Month Checkup

So, basically anything that a spewtard or maniac would play, but we play it aggressively dependent on the tendencies of the players left to act in the hand.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:14 AM

It looks like he's not limping a whole lot until the CO and button.

Far be it from me to give any advice as my game is in shambles right now, but even with the general passivity of the dog, I think I would raise a larger percentage of hands on the button. Bodog tends to be a little limp happy, so there is a lot of dead money that you can scoop up in position with a little aggression instead of waiting for a hand. I think it also follows that you can raise a wider range when stealing. These two things go hand in hand with your button play.

I look at it this way, if I'm going to enter a pot and no one has raised before me I'm going to raise pretty much my whole range, which is about 30% of hands. I run around 30/25 on the button and this is the only place where I'm really making any money right now, so I'm still comfortable saying this. I also steal about 35% of the time, so you have some room to be more aggressive there too.

Again, take this with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure I suck right now.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GB,
Give me a stealing range >11% that I can use from the CO and Button. As is, I feel like I am stealing constantly and bordering on being a bully who is about to get stood up to. I posted all this so that I can learn something, what can you teach me?

[/ QUOTE ]

These two posts pooh bah redux: blind stealing and taking stealing blinds to the next level has brought my steal attempts to 34.82% over my last 20k hands.

two day agos i was stacked twice when i found the bb with aces one time and kings the next. bah. though even taking those two junk-kickers into account i'm currently running an average of .55bb/hand (on blind steals attempted) according to this mornings pt filtered review.

you are certainly leaving easy money on the table by not stealing more often. amp up the steals.

nice run btw. keep it going.

EN