Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 10:32 AM

Default 100nl AA- What to do on the river?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: $69.35
BB: $30.65
UTG: $85.95
MP: $71.65
Hero (CO): $100
BTN: $127.15

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, BTN calls $3.50, SB calls $3, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($14) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, BTN calls $12, 2 folds

Turn: ($38) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, BTN calls $30

River: ($98) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

HERO????????????????????????????

Do you like c/c here in order to get a bluff from all the draws that are out there or do you prefer bet/call shove (which is obv anybet anyway) to get value fromt he medium pp.

NO read on villain just sat down.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: 100nl AA- What to do on the river?

I want to tell you a story about a wonderful little place called Valuetown. In Valuetown everyone makes a lot of money. As a result everyone is quite happy. Valuetown is such a wonderful place. It has beautiful beaches and the golf is very nice. I think I would like to retire there one day.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:24 AM

My first thought was to bet here because if villain has a hand like 55-TT, he could easily check behind on the river. However, he would probably call a bet.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:43 AM

shove you lose a ton of value from smaller pp's that will check behind the river.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:53 AM

Is a check here that bad? Isn't there a decent chance that villain has 44, A3, or A4? Maybe a check call would work.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:56 AM

If villain has a 3 we probably would have heard from him by the turn. I highly doubt villain calls down two bets with a 4, if he does follow him around til he goes broke. The only reasonable hand he has that beats us imo is 66 or quads. Seeing how unlikely quads are, we cant be scared of that. So 66 beats us, while 55-TT can pay us. Ill take AA against that range all day and take him to value town.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is a check here that bad? Isn't there a decent chance that villain has 44, A3, or A4? Maybe a check call would work.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Todd

OKOK I would have left it at that but due to AMA's crackdown on one word answers . . . Basically, there are SOOOOO many more combos of other pairs that play exactly like this and will call river than there are combos of quads/33/A3(which would have raised turn for sure anyway) that it is very very silly not to valuetown the [censored] out of this river and watch any pair call.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:09 PM

You have 54 left into a 98 pot, if you check you arent folding. So the only question is, do you want to let him check behind with TT-JJ type hands or are you going to charge him?

Him having a hand which beats you is basically irrelevant because checking here and then folding getting ridiculously good odds on the river would be gross.

So shove pls
Old 11-20-2007, 12:30 PM

Without reads I shove here all day. You need a read to check/call here, but I think that's optimal against a large portion of players. If villain is aggro and bad I like c/c because he shoves all flush draws here; medium PPs are a small part of an aggrodonk's range at this point, so you're just hoping to get value out of 56 if you shove (which you may not).
However, for your typical, readless unknown, not shoving allows him to check behind a huge part of his range that he would call a shove with and is leaving value on the table.