Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 11-13-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/12 - 500k Buyin - Part 2 Spoilers aho

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He sure sounded like a dick during next weeks promos yelling at Sammy like 4-5 times that he is calling whatever Sammy bets.

"I call Sammy. I CALL! Whatever you're betting, I'm calling. I CALL! I CALL!"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's done this exact same thing before and then not called. Someone will be thinking about betting and Jamie goes into his whole "you know I'm calling, I have to call now, go ahead and bet, I can't fold, I'm definitely calling" and then the guy bets and Jaime folds. So ridiculously low class.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he did it to Phil H earlier this season and as much as I think Sammy should have gotten slammed for his customer comment to PA this episode, I'd love to see him stall a little to needle Gold about his comments with something like "What, like you called Hellmuth too?"
Old 11-13-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On season 1 and 2 running it three times meant that one player will scoop the whole pot. That's how I understood it. This was explained by Eli Elezra in one of the episodes where they ran it twice. Running it twice was better according to Eli has it gave to "even it out". I guess I understood the concept wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make much sense to me. If you deal three times, each one should be for 1/3 of the pot. That seems like the best way to minimize the variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

It actually makes no sense at all unless it's exactly a 50/50 proposition. If it's not, and you make it a best of 3 proposition, the guy who's ahead has an even better chance of scooping.

For example, if we assume PA has a 75% chance of winning on each river, and they go for a best of 3, then PA wins 54/64 (84%) and JG wins 10/64 (16%).

Which means it's a really good way to go if you're ahead and your opponent is bad at math.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think anybody can blame PA for playing the hand the way he did. Jamie Gold can play ATC and to put him on KK is really hard to do. He did give huge tells but PA also isn't a live player for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

even when one of your own needs no excuses made for him.. some of you make excuses.

your statement says that you believe that in some way PA did something wrong. he did nothing wrong. he got jamie to put all his chips in the middle a as a big dog. somewhere between a 3.5 and 4:1 dog. PA agrees to run it three times and while in most cases he would be wrong to do this it worked out further in his favor. imo, he played this hand dreamily. enough for all of his fans to keep it up for weeks.
[ QUOTE ]

Jamie Gold played it well also because he thinks Trip Kings is a monster compared to what he usually has. I mean who the hell can put him on that! He knows that. His biggest mistake was betting so high that only the nuts would call him and as soon as PA did that Jamie knew he had the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
you really think jamie made a mistake here? he wants all of PA's chips. you make a set on that board, only someone in the game over their head does not shove on that turn. if you see boogey monsters around every turn .. then you shouldn't play.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your statement says that you believe that in some way PA did something wrong. he did nothing wrong. he got jamie to put all his chips in the middle a as a big dog. somewhere between a 3.5 and 4:1 dog. PA agrees to run it three times and while in most cases he would be wrong to do this it worked out further in his favor. imo, he played this hand dreamily. enough for all of his fans to keep it up for weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your retardation consistency is very impressive. Also a major lol at "PA agrees to run it three times and while in most cases he would be wrong to do this it worked out further in his favor." seriously, if you think running it 3 times, or 2 times, or 46 times is somehow a "mistake" you clearly have no idea wtf you're talking about. explain how you think this is a mistake, I'm curious.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 PM

We really do need a sticky or something on doing biz.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He sure sounded like a dick during next weeks promos yelling at Sammy like 4-5 times that he is calling whatever Sammy bets.

"I call Sammy. I CALL! Whatever you're betting, I'm calling. I CALL! I CALL!"

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's done this exact same thing before and then not called. Someone will be thinking about betting and Jamie goes into his whole "you know I'm calling, I have to call now, go ahead and bet, I can't fold, I'm definitely calling" and then the guy bets and Jaime folds. So ridiculously low class.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he did it to Phil H earlier this season and as much as I think Sammy should have gotten slammed for his customer comment to PA this episode, I'd love to see him stall a little to needle Gold about his comments with something like "What, like you called Hellmuth too?"

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah he come off very bad there.

the this episode was disappointing, had too high expactations and the antonius/gold hand was such an antiklimax.
running it several times takes some of the excitement out for sure but its understandable, its a lot of money even for these guys.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:25 PM

Please re-do the movie link...it's not working
Old 11-13-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

you really think jamie made a mistake here? he wants all of PA's chips. you make a set on that board, only someone in the game over their head does not shove on that turn. if you see boogey monsters around every turn .. then you shouldn't play.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't necessarily say he played it badly, but it is worth noting that the instant PA called, Gold was pissed as if he got caught bluffing or something. I mean if you are going to raise there, you shouldn't really be pissed if they call. Goes back to the whole jaime gold doesn't know what hes doing thing
Old 11-13-2007, 08:31 PM

I didnt quite understand the sammy's "customer" comment and how that can be interpreted as rude.

Also Gold as usual comes off a total prick, and i whole heartedly root against him in any pot he plays (i tend to hate lucky douches, dont know about the rest of you). It is actually almost as fun as rooting ur favourite players (you should try it).

I mean how is it that a guy who has it all like PA, who basically should be the one boasting and being loud (because he has it all) comes off so modest and gentlemanly, while a total piece of trash like Gold is so damn obnoxious. And as other people said hats off to PA for his calm composure.

Edit: I think Gold played his hand horribly, that push was just horrid like most of his game.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:48 PM

if they had ran it 3 times and PA won all 3, it would have taken away the "drama" for the hand, but the fact that the board paired for Jamie on the first 2, made that 3rd run have the same drama it would have running it once. i think the wow factor for me that jamie hit the first two was more than if they ran it and PA took a bad beat and lost the hand. Simply sick that the first two hit