Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

rvg,

i did a search in this thread after i expanded it for the word "tax" but nothing came up. how hard would it be to implement a "tax" tab to show 2 columns:

1 for all winning sessions with a sum
1 for all losing sessions with a sum

AFAIK this is how it's done when it comes time to do taxes, however if one were to just net their winnings and report it that way (as long as their job earnings > poker earnings) i don't think it'd be a problem.

however people like good2cu, and the random lurkers that post in BBV to show off those hot 200k graphs would be in deep [censored] if that's what they did, but someone like me who makes 45k a year at their job but makes 20k in poker should be ok (i say should cuz i'm not sure if i'm going to do that...but...them taking 30% of my winnings doesn't exactly appeal to me)

thx.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:41 AM

hi rvg, liking the new functionality.

how are you feeling about the timescale for a final release now?

how would i go about creating a report that spits out winnings by pot size (grouped by 10bbs or something)?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your fast answer !
I have make it, and the first one he imported all Hands that i missed before, but now is the same.
No import for new Hands.

Also i have a flicker if he autoimported for all windows i have open (Tablewindows usw) for ca. 10 seconds.
This cant be normal
Pockertracker have i running, but don't think that is the problem
System:Athlon 64 3500+ with 2GB Ram

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, in this case I think the problem must be with anti virus / firewall / adware software you have running that doesn't like that HM is hitting porting 5432 to get to postgres. Can you try disabling anything like this you have running? Many people have had this same problem.

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
you're an animal roy

I imagine him as a mongoose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer Hippo's although mongooses are pretty sweet [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

What about the mouseovers for absolute quantity - they are completely gone now?

And there are no filters now at players TAB

[/ QUOTE ]

I took out the mouse overs temporarily - they will be back. The players tab actually has more filtering ability now. Before it looked like the filter tab did something in this tab but they were pretty much ignored besides date ranges, game types etc.

[ QUOTE ]
When I use the filter "Stack more than...", I get an error: 'ERROR:42703: column "stacksize" does not exist'

[/ QUOTE ]

ok thanks, must have missed that one since this field has been moved to a different table.

[ QUOTE ]

Uhm, isn't the AND joining default in HM?
I mean, if I use 2 filters the result will be for both=true, right?

I also would love to be able to use the OR logic.
How can I customize a filter, let's say for hands where I either bet OR raised the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I meant. Right now it is A and B and C but I will be allowing you to do A and (B or C)

[ QUOTE ]

SpadeEye update is here
http://www.spadeit.com/download.php [q/uote]

Awesome, thanks

[ QUOTE ]

In the players tab: Are the mouseovers of the column headers kinda screwed?

[/ QUOTE ]

They are inaccurate right now - I actually thought I disabled them. They will be coming back though - just something I needed to do for the short term.

[ QUOTE ]

i did a search in this thread after i expanded it for the word "tax" but nothing came up. how hard would it be to implement a "tax" tab to show 2 columns:

1 for all winning sessions with a sum
1 for all losing sessions with a sum

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now you could do this in session tab and then copy and paste results in Excel then sort by winnings. In the future this type of thing will be made essy in the Income tab.

[ QUOTE ]
how are you feeling about the timescale for a final release now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have a batter idea within a week - I need to dig back into the HUD code since I haven't touched it in about a month.

[ QUOTE ]

how would i go about creating a report that spits out winnings by pot size (grouped by 10bbs or something)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll put this together later today and post it here.

rvg
Old 10-31-2007, 02:18 PM

tried new build, looks better for my bodog hand histories... i deleted my old db and re-imported all my hands and instead of 80mb of error logs only got about 10mb this time. The numbers are much closer to pokertrackers now. I'll prolly shoot you an email with the log folder zipped up soon.

One problem though it seems that 6max hh's are treated the same as 9max.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tried new build, looks better for my bodog hand histories... i deleted my old db and re-imported all my hands and instead of 80mb of error logs only got about 10mb this time. The numbers are much closer to pokertrackers now. I'll prolly shoot you an email with the log folder zipped up soon.

One problem though it seems that 6max hh's are treated the same as 9max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, I did make a bunch of improvements to the bodog importer however I did also find that the Bodog Hand Grabber seems to mess up a lot of hands... I'll definitely tske a look at any hands you send me though.

What do you mean by the "treats 6max like 9max"? If you are talking about the winnings tab, any hand where there are between 3 and 6 players will go under the 6max stats - I think this is a lot better than putting hands in full ring just because you are playing at a full ring table. Likewise, if you are at a 9max table and playing headsup, the stats will go under HU. If you are talking about something else then let me know.

rvg
Old 10-31-2007, 02:42 PM

can anyone get the HM db to work with pokerEV?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:48 PM

Phil said next version (link).
Old 10-31-2007, 03:12 PM

Yea dogwatch handgrabber is a pile of junk. I wish a competent programmer like yourself would create something that actually works well and supports 'picture in picture' display mode, and mucked hands.

I was running a 'by stakes' report and not a 'winnings summary' report, so nevermind I guess...I was just being a noob...

but to respond to what you said... I think it's a nifty idea to dynamically sort the hh's based on how many players are seated... however something about grouping fullring players with 6max players when the table gets a little short bugs me... I don't see fullring players changing their game when the table starts to break up. Maybe you could add some kind of option to turn this off?
Old 10-31-2007, 04:26 PM

I'm getting a lot of errors trying to import Absolute hands that worked fine with the previous version(.38), anybody else?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:42 PM

Problem was on my end, messed up my database yesterday with PgAdmin.