Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

mtnbikr15-
then you are admitting to not being reasonable... b/c your posts def assume that Nat's trip would be taken adv of
Old 10-24-2007, 02:24 AM

mnt,

Heres the problem. No independent audit company will touch this with a nine and a half foot pole IMO. Gaming Assoc is probably best since they have a detailed understanding of the industry, internal controls and the procedures.

Nat has an equal if not better understanding of the players and princples involved and is going down there to get answers to questions US as a group have. He or Adan are going down for us, too see first hand what is being down and report on progress.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mtnbikr15-
then you are admitting to not being reasonable... b/c your posts def assume that Nat's trip would be taken adv of

[/ QUOTE ]

Being shown false or incomplete info and fed well thought out replies does not always = being taken advantage of

Im done with you, you really ARE as dumb as you come across
Old 10-24-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mnt,

Heres the problem. No independent audit company will touch this with a nine and a half foot pole IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would this be? Im not all that familiar with the process
Old 10-24-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its an insult to Nat that you'll assume that he'd be taken advantaged of by AP. /arg.

[/ QUOTE ]

no one reasonable is saying he is gonna be "taken advantage of." rather, we think he will simply be ineffective bc he doesnt have the resources, skills and experience to conduct a full audit and bc ap will not give him full disclosure. he will see what ap wants him to see and ap will give rehearsed nonimplicating answers.

regardless, im all for him going down there. its better than nothing and while its unlikely he uncovers hard evidence he will certainly be able to pick up on some aspects of the operation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to think that Nat, consulting with many extremely smart and experienced people here and that he knows personally, would be able to judge exactly how effective he had been.

If they stonewall, fine. Nat comes back and says, "Nothing to report. They stonewalled." Which I happen to think would be valuable information in and of itself, and what is there to lose?

That AP could somehow spin his visit for PR purposes, when he is going as a *private individual* who is explicity *not* representing 2+2 Publishing or anyone else in an official capacity?

The cluelessness here baffles me. Honestly. All I can hope is that you and mtbktard haven't really thought about this. Please do so now. Or go away. Or keep repeating your silly position. Whatever.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:29 AM

ARG

Im saying they wont stonewall. Im saying everything will APPEAR to be on the up and up. That Nat, as amazing as he and the rest of his crows may be, wont be able to tell.

edit- victor still thinks he should go

Im going to bed, c yall in the moring
Old 10-24-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mtnbikr15-

[/ QUOTE ]

Being shown false or incomplete info and fed well thought out replies does not always = being taken advantage of

Im done with you, you really ARE as dumb as you come across

[/ QUOTE ]

see someone else's more reasonable post
take their tact, back off prev positions
call other person dumb

IC

continue backpedaling, its kinda funny
Old 10-24-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mnt,

Heres the problem. No independent audit company will touch this with a nine and a half foot pole IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would this be? Im not all that familiar with the process

[/ QUOTE ]

a. Given the recent audit things, something like this wouldnt be the best press.
b. As part of the audit, you have to plan to audit and obtain a certain degree of knowledge regarding the industry, its standards and protocols, and its internal controls and protocols. If PWC is gonna audit a new restaurant chain, they probably already have clients in this field and can use that team or easily obtain info about this. Not so much in this industry.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you drink a lot? I would suggest going out your final evening with the Absolute staff who you've befriended and getting extremeely shitfaced, they will probably open up to you

[/ QUOTE ]

llello, imo
Old 10-24-2007, 02:35 AM

ad,

"you managed to address a guy who owns 20% of Bluff Media."

While I agree w/ your general opinion on the matter, that's a sort of silly position. If AP wanted to bribe someone w/ an offer, I'm sure they could put something together far more lucrative than 20% of Bluff Media.