Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 04:21 PM

Default 100nl - Couple of bluffs

Villain is semi nit 22/6
i have a note on him saying: donketbets sets, and im pretty sure he flopped a set, hows the line:

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.5/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $277.93
Hero: $96.1
Button: $8.26
SB: $6.85
BB: $113.7

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($11.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $6</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($23.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $20</font>, UTG calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($63.5, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $35</font>

--------------------------------------------------------------
This villain is a reg, semi lag 28/20, we 3bet each other quite often. he flat called pre, then check-called flop so i felt he was on 99-jj, maybe queens:

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.5/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $52.85
UTG+1: $96.15
CO: $100
Button: $98.5
Hero: $127.1
BB: $29.15

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $14</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($29, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $22</font>, Button calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($73, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $45</font>
Old 07-19-2007, 04:24 PM

Default Re: 100nl - Couple of bluffs

keep bluffing in large pots to a minimum at 100nl vs all nonregulars... i have learned the hard way.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:27 PM

1) Trying to make people fold sets in 100NL is usually a bad idea. If you're going to fire at the river, I would bet a bit more to make the call tougher for him. If you knew he donkbet sets, why not just fold the flop though?

2) This never works for me and I don't understand why. I repop from the blinds, he calls, flop comes raggish I cbet he calls, turn is that sweet king and I'm like "awesome he puts me on AK I'll bet again!" and the guy looks me up again with TT. wtf. So, yah, it seems reasonable to me, but I think your FE isn't want it should be here. Villain dependant, though, obv.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Trying to make people fold sets in 100NL is usually a bad idea. If you're going to fire at the river, I would bet a bit more to make the call tougher for him. If you knew he donkbet sets, why not just fold the flop though?

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt fire more, as i wanted it to look like a value bet, same with the turn. as for folding, he donkbet me before with a set (i folded, he stacked someone else) i dont want him Dbetting me in future with air if i fold here and i thought if a heart comes there is value to get from my "flush".

as for hand two, villain is competent, he didnt reraise flop as he may be scared of aa/kk and the turn K was the nail in the coffin for him.

[ QUOTE ]
keep bluffing in large pots to a minimum at 100nl vs all nonregulars... i have learned the hard way.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah ive given up bluffing donkeys/unknowns beyond a cbet, too many times do they call you down with bottom pair lol
Old 07-19-2007, 04:47 PM

1st one is bad, 2nd one is good