Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 08:56 AM

Default Carnival Cruise Poker

Has anyone taken the carnival cruises out of Miami? I am going in August and wonder what type of poker they have. The only information I have is 1 table. I did take a cruise out of New york last year and they had 1 electronic table which was loaded for 3/6 and sometimes a game got started. Just wondering if this is how all the carnivals are.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Carnival Cruise Poker

yeah im going on a 7 night carribean cruise through carnival in august and i was wondering if they had ring poker games or not
Old 06-23-2007, 12:07 PM

I have been on 2 cruises in the past 2 years on carnival, one out of the orlando area, the other out of NYC. Both of them game 2 limit tables ( i only remember 1 boat name, the legend). They both offered 2/4 the first night, then 4/8 the rest of the cruise. Both the rake, and quality of players was horrible.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:20 PM

How much was the rake?
Old 06-23-2007, 12:24 PM

There have been posts about this before. I remember 5/10 being mentioned in one of the posts, and yes the players were said to be incredibly bad, making the game presumably beatable despite the very high rake.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:01 PM

When you went on carnival was it the pokerpro tables or a dealer? Did the games keep going most of the time? Hopefully you won lots of money from the horrible players
Old 06-23-2007, 03:15 PM

Im "sailing" for a week this Thursday on the carnival Miracle out of NYC. It is my first cruise aside from the Staten island ferry, so I am pretty damn excited. I have read in my research that they offered 5-10 limit, but I can not personally confirm. Just the 2 cabins with taxes and tips cost me about $6,000 so far, so I am hoping they have some NL so that I can recoup some of that.
I will post a (half assed) trip report July 7th or later
Old 06-23-2007, 03:25 PM

the one carnival cruise i was on had one table of 2/4 limit and it was video holdem
Old 06-23-2007, 05:11 PM

Look forward to your report $6000 damm I hope they at least have 5/10. The one I took from New York last year (Short 4 day Canada) had the 3/6 video holdem and the players were the worst ive ever seen with the possible exception of 10/20 euro in Amsterdam.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:39 AM

I paid for my Mexican Riveria carnival cruise last thanksgiving just from the poker tables. High rake, but more than enough fish to make up for it.

Unfortunately, the dealers commented that Carnival was moving to all electronic tables in the upcoming weeks, so I'm not sure the game will be as juicy with new technology and the casual player...