Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 07:12 PM

Default Re: The Revolution - Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]

um... he wont retain his "useless" lynch evasion power. he would be nightkilled, bc from what i understand, he has more powers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether Books gets nightkilled or not has nothing to do with any lynch evasion.

[ QUOTE ]
Gt1t, the thing is, apparently books is claiming point powers. Obviously, this could be entirely BS, but if it is true, obviously, books could save his points and use his POINTS to do something else which might be more useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

ehh I missed that bit. Then, I suppose it depends one what you think the worst case scenario is: Books is good and busts some points or he's evil and it takes two days to lynch him. Maybe Books can comeback and tell us how bad using this power of his is going to cripple his points but then again if he's evil he's going to respond that it completely cripples him. meh.

[ QUOTE ]
yes, lets break down all the village powers we possibly can, this early in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know this is a village power? If Nich dies as an evil it doesnt matter anyway. All it does is cost Books some points

[ QUOTE ]
this early in the game. lets never ever gamble,

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm doing, in fact, trying to outline the strategy has the best results and is the least harmful when wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
and lets certainly second guess ourselves every step of the way and make bad last second decisions because of it... i thought you were smart, gt1t..

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean like moving the lynch in that last 20 minutes? We have plenty of time to second guess ourselves with 3 hours left to night.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

she mentioned that she wanted to put antidan in a sandwich between you and her

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, well that must be a hint then, right? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

was just based on the idea that several roles are likely to have as their first word "revolutionary".

ok guys we need to split the vote. personally i believe books 99%+ but then again i always believe books.

the only question is how much wasting the use of the shield power will hurt us later. if its used we a) guarantee not to make a mistake, and b) confirm books role
Old 11-27-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, the fact that he thought I was evil counted against him, too.

BTW, durron, I'm looking forward to hearing my tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

VR
Doesn't this mean you have a tell, and you are pretty sure he read it again? Just a thought.
I still have a lot to read, so I may be changing my vote again shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is pretty bemusing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I already said I was time warping. Geesh.
Right now I'm deciding between nich & books. If you want me to just read the end of the thread and ignore all the middle, I suppose I could do that instead... but I like to read things in order.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:17 PM

Hi, just reading through and thought I'd answer this post from jgunnip. I found it a bit odd, but I suppose I should talk to him about it.

[ QUOTE ]
kokiri what did drzen say that makes you lean village. IMO, in recent games STTF and Thanksgiving he was much more focused and offensive on day 1 as a villager.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's a bit harsh. I turn up late in the day because I'm in Australia. In those games, there were fewer players and I felt I had a better idea what was going on.

Also, I've changed my playing style because I've found it so hard to convince people I'm not a wolf in the late game! That cuts both ways, of course, but twice now I've been down to the last few players, and although I've felt I have been totally villagey, the other players have just not agreed. Which sucks. So I decided to be a bit less in your face. I sacrifice learning who's a wolf -- which i did pretty well in Thanksgiving -- for a better all-round game.

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday he seemed more care free/joking around than I've ever seen him. I also thought it weird of him to insist more than once what durron's tell on VR was.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I find odd. On the one hand, you say I'm not focused, and on the other, you think it's weird that I'm, erm, focused.

I like to engage with people I think are wolves, try to shake loose a tell. The subject matter is much less important than their reaction. Do you remember in a turbo, jgunnip, you didn't switch votes one day, and I asked you about that? You gave yourself up as a wolf in the process.

I intend to do the same in this game. I'm busy with work for a new client, but I intend to be in the thick of it, all the same.

[ QUOTE ]
Why in the world would he divulge that info in game? Also, he was posting up until 8:30ish and then just disappeared with his vote on durron without saying that he wouldn't be around for night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I have a life! I have work to do. It's not the evening for me. If you look, you'll see I've been playing turbos all month (no work) but won't be the next couple of weeks (too much work on). If you want me to check in and out with you, fine. I will be around for about another 15 minutes, then I have to concentrate on an online course about freedom of information. I'll be done with that, I hope, around 11 my time, but it could drag on a bit. I'm not sure what 11 is your time. 8pm? So I will "suspiciously" disappear soon, and creepily turn back up at 8ish, then disappear like a thief in the night at maybe 8.30.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:17 PM

We don't confirm anything by lynching books. He could have that power as any role/alignment.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We don't confirm anything by lynching books. He could have that power as any role/alignment.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually wait yeah that was really stupid.

we confirm books when nich shows up as vp

just all on nich
Old 11-27-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's a lot of metagame everywhere. We do base a lot of stuff off reading people, but y'know, once you get going, there's always tons of meta. Werewolf w/o meta isn't really werewolf.

[/ QUOTE ]

True enough. I finally feel like I'm catching up now. Cool.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok so its lynch books or lynch nich.

I'm gonna make an assumption that Books wouldn't claim to be able to avoid day lynch if he actually couldn't. It wouldnt make any sense especially on the block. Lets break it on down.

<u>Lynch Books with Nich as second bandwagon</u>

If Books is good the lynch rolls off of him and evil Nich dies. If Books is evil the lynch rolls off of him and vanillage Nich dies (based on the fact he hasnt claimed.) This has the added bonus of removing any day lynch evasion from him if he's evil and if he's good it'll be proven and we wont be lynching him anyway

<u>We lynch Nich</u>

If Books is good, Nich dies, Books is confirmed and he retains a useless day lynch evasion power. If Books is evil, we lynch vanillage Nich and then have to take 2 more days to kill Books.

I'm failing to see how lynching Nich would ever be better than lynching Books with Nich as a secondary wagon here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my line of thinking, and is why I came in to today believing I would die. The one correction I would make is that I don't have a day lynch avoidance power. I have points that can be used for a menu of stuff. If I don't use the points on the armor then I can use those somwhere else. I think it must be pretty obvious that my capabilities will become limited at some point if I am telling the truth.