Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2007, 11:12 AM

Default NL50 - second pair on a paired board.

Villain seems loose. openlimps a lot of pots. i've isolated a few times already. he's not overly aggressive, but not passive either (yeah great info i know..) I don't think he's a very strong player.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $37.80
BB: $24.80
UTG: $48.75
MP: $79.35
CO: $63.70
Hero (BTN): $50.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.50, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.25</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $7.00</font>, Hero calls $3.50

maybe the flop bet is small but i think it has pretty much the same effect as a 4.50-5 dollar bet. i wouldn't bet bigger with an overpair either. his minraise was pretty instant and to me that usually indicates that hes making a move with air (overs maybe) or perhaps a 6. of course he could have a T but i would think this type of player gets a bit tricky with it.

with overs I could 3bet here, but i didn't really like that with a made hand that might be the best here. anyone play the flop differently?

Turn: ($19.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $10.00</font>, Hero ?

I think this bet looks weak, maybe he's afraid of the K or it could be a suck-me-in kinda bet. whats my best move against his range? (which i think is 6x, Kx, Overs or Tx. fwiw i think he has a T ~10-20% of the time)
Old 07-24-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: NL50 - second pair on a paired board.

I think that your flop call is fine. I think you are trying to find weakness though. If he raises you on the flop, and makes a 1/2 pot bet on the turn, I'd give him credit for something. He could very well have the T, or the king may have very well helped him.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:16 AM

do we want to play a big pot with this hand?

Big Pots are for big hands. Small pots for small hands.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:18 AM

I'd 3 bet him on the flop.. people are usually full of crap on those flops, they just don't think u have anything.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd 3 bet him on the flop.. people are usually full of crap on those flops, they just don't think u have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 3 bets good on the flop. But as played its a fold on the turn dont you agree?
Old 07-24-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do we want to play a big pot with this hand?

Big Pots are for big hands. Small pots for small hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

ye this is very fine and dandy, but in every hand i try to look for the most +EV move, not go by some broad general advice. if i'm ahead i have a big hand and if i'm behind i have a tiny hand.

ok i reread that. no offence meant if it came out that way. i just have a thing for these clichees (sp?)

thanks for the input. (i guess you're saying its a fold, right?)
Old 07-24-2007, 11:23 AM

I think we have to fold the turn here yes. And no offence taken of course we are trying to make the most +EV play. I don't see what legit hand we beat here though. After you called his flop bet would he just bet that turn with nothing?

I think flop is alright, i would probably give it up on turn.

Definately a fold on the turn.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:33 AM

ok, it seems that the consensus is a fold. maybe your right i was looking for something that wasn't there but i actually pushed over him here... i was probably affected by his flop raise that seemed a lot like bs.
(at the time i thought it was brilliant but ive started to doubt that, hence the post)

Turn: ($19.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $10.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $41.45</font>, UTG folds
Uncalled bet of $31.45 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $39.25 ($1.95 Rake)

in retrospect i'm quite sure he just folded a worse hand so the raise has very little value (he's at most folding 6 outs). but, assuming you put this guy on a bluff or a worse hand, should i call turn and river or reraise here???