Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 11:28 PM

Default Please help me goad Stars into some very necessary changes

I like how Stars has changed their blind structure for all of the 3k chip events, but as many others have said (numerous 2+2ers sweating Bond @ Bellagio), Stars is now slacking behind FullTilt when it comes to tournaments.

Here are some things that I feel are absolutely vital that Stars hasn't implemented yet, and FullTilt has.

1) Ability to register for all tournaments hours in advance in the same manner that the Daily $50k and $100k tournaments offer registration. Tournament players should not have to allocate time towards checking the Stars lobby every 20 minutes while 10-tabling to make certain not to forget registering for a certain tournament. I fail to see how making such a decision is for the detriment of Stars, as it makes things better for the player and drives more rake for the site from people who would have otherwise forgotten to register while mult-tasking.

2) Auto-rebuys and addons in rebuy tournaments. This one is just an absolute must, as the convenience of the auto double rebuy through FullTilt trumps the inferior software of Stars. Numerous people dont even double rebuy in tournaments because they can't click fast enough. This is another simple software implementation that would further boost prizepools and player involvement.

The following I feel are less necessary than the prior two suggestions, but still would help Stars overall.

- Higher antes, like in the recently changed Sunday Million. Tournaments everywhere live and on all other online sites use a higher ante structure, so I can't understand how Stars can conceivably promote themselves as the best tournament website when their ante structure is half of what would be deemed "normal".

- More guarantees everywhere. This kind of goes without saying.

Those are the only things I can think of for now, please pitch in some other suggestions that I may have forgotten. But it has been far too long for Stars to still have these bits of software still going on.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Please help me goad Stars into some very necessary changes

[ QUOTE ]
I like how Stars has changed their blind structure for all of the 3k chip events, but as many others have said (numerous 2+2ers sweating Bond @ Bellagio), Stars is now slacking behind FullTilt when it comes to tournaments.

Here are some things that I feel are absolutely vital that Stars hasn't implemented yet, and FullTilt has.

1) Ability to register for all tournaments hours in advance in the same manner that the Daily $50k and $100k tournaments offer registration. Tournament players should not have to allocate time towards checking the Stars lobby every 20 minutes while 10-tabling to make certain not to forget registering for a certain tournament. I fail to see how making such a decision is for the detriment of Stars, as it makes things better for the player and drives more rake for the site from people who would have otherwise forgotten to register while mult-tasking.

2) Auto-rebuys and addons in rebuy tournaments. This one is just an absolute must, as the convenience of the auto double rebuy through FullTilt trumps the inferior software of Stars. Numerous people dont even double rebuy in tournaments because they can't click fast enough. This is another simple software implementation that would further boost prizepools and player involvement.

The following I feel are less necessary than the prior two suggestions, but still would help Stars overall.

- Higher antes, like in the recently changed Sunday Million. Tournaments everywhere live and on all other online sites use a higher ante structure, so I can't understand how Stars can conceivably promote themselves as the best tournament website when their ante structure is half of what would be deemed "normal".

- More guarantees everywhere. This kind of goes without saying.

Those are the only things I can think of for now, please pitch in some other suggestions that I may have forgotten. But it has been far too long for Stars to still have these bits of software still going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say this is as important as the first two and needs immediate attention, as you noted Stars can't advertise the best tournament website when their structure is so weak in this area.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:38 PM

As far as more guarenteed tournaments go, I guess I must be totally retarded...because I don't see ANY downside to this at all.

Look at the evening 109's. The 109 at 11:00(server time) gets 250ish entries. It has no guarentee. The 109 at 1AM (server time) gets 400ish entries, because it has a guarentee. Every single night.

Stars runs much much fewer actual tournaments than FTP now, I see no reason why every normal tournament should not have a guarentee. Even if it is EASILY surpassed every night.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:51 PM

Party Poker has had their automated deal making system in place for over a year, when is Stars going introduce one? The present system, or lack thereof, is a giant pain in the arse.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:57 PM

Meh, stars current dealmaking system is one of the best out there, and you'd have a lot of people disagreeing with you there.

I kinda just want this thread to address those 4 main points hard in the hopes to make some changes, and if something else need be introduced, have more merit than just opinion.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker has had their automated deal making system in place for over a year, when is Stars going introduce one? The present system, or lack thereof, is a giant pain in the arse.

[/ QUOTE ]

The deal making situation is wayyyyyyyy better on Stars than FTP, this is at least one area where they don't have to worry about competition so far.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The deal making situation is wayyyyyyyy better on Stars than FTP, this is at least one area where they don't have to worry about competition so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree, only because some players have no idea how to get support at their table to cut a deal. but they were the first ever site to even offer deals, so that gets them enough street cred
Old 06-29-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree, only because some players have no idea how to get support at their table to cut a deal. but they were the first ever site to even offer deals, so that gets them enough street cred

[/ QUOTE ]

At least if you email them Stars will come to the table and help facilitate a deal. FTP will only enforce deals already made in major events not their dailies, and they will not even pause these tournaments to discuss a deal. Dealing in the FTOPS appeared to be a disaster from what I saw.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:20 AM

Bigger antes and slower blind escalation plssssssssssss
Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 AM

go clayton.